What's new

Differences in effects between medium grind and instant green (specifically GHK Mo'i)

Sir_Tarquin

Kava Curious
TL;DR: Does GHK's instant green Mo'i lean headier or heavier compared to medium grind? Or are they exactly the same?

Finally tried GHK's instant Mo'i. I had been interested in Mo'i for a while, but skeptical because how many people reported it being one of the most edgy and stimulating kava's they'd every tried and I'm real sensitive to stimulating kavas so I was worried it would make me feel awful. But, in contrast, I also saw how many people said it was one of the most anxiolytic kava's, so I said screw it, and ordered some instant since this was still on the old GHK site and instant was the only Mo'i available. It absolutely hit the spot! Precisely what I have been looking for this entire time I've been drinking kava. It made me incredibly relaxed and just... not care about whatever might have been giving me stress or making me anxious, but still heady so still social and active without the body load I get from balanced's. However, this is what I got from the instant, specifically.

Now that GHK's site has been updated, medium grind Mo'i is now available. And the instant honestly is not at all practical or cost efficient considering how regularly I'm planning on drinking this. I'm just a bit nervous to switch to the medium grind if the it's specifically the instant that's providing the anxiolytic relaxing effects and the medium grind is where the edginess and stimulation I read about is coming from. In a perfect world, I'd just get both and compare them myself, but money is tight for me right now so I need to be very diligent in what I purchase, especially with shipping from Hawaii being what it is. So I'm hoping someone who's had both can comment on how they're different and if one leans headier/heavier than the other.

PS to admins: Apologies if this is in the wrong place. This subforum just tends to get more traffic than the GHK one.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
TL;DR: Does GHK's instant green Mo'i lean headier or heavier compared to medium grind? Or are they exactly the same?

Finally tried GHK's instant Mo'i. I had been interested in Mo'i for a while, but skeptical because how many people reported it being one of the most edgy and stimulating kava's they'd every tried and I'm real sensitive to stimulating kavas so I was worried it would make me feel awful. But, in contrast, I also saw how many people said it was one of the most anxiolytic kava's, so I said screw it, and ordered some instant since this was still on the old GHK site and instant was the only Mo'i available. It absolutely hit the spot! Precisely what I have been looking for this entire time I've been drinking kava. It made me incredibly relaxed and just... not care about whatever might have been giving me stress or making me anxious, but still heady so still social and active without the body load I get from balanced's. However, this is what I got from the instant, specifically.

Now that GHK's site has been updated, medium grind Mo'i is now available. And the instant honestly is not at all practical or cost efficient considering how regularly I'm planning on drinking this. I'm just a bit nervous to switch to the medium grind if the it's specifically the instant that's providing the anxiolytic relaxing effects and the medium grind is where the edginess and stimulation I read about is coming from. In a perfect world, I'd just get both and compare them myself, but money is tight for me right now so I need to be very diligent in what I purchase, especially with shipping from Hawaii being what it is. So I'm hoping someone who's had both can comment on how they're different and if one leans headier/heavier than the other.

PS to admins: Apologies if this is in the wrong place. This subforum just tends to get more traffic than the GHK one.
It seems like people experience of a given kava strain is individual.

I think you have to give the medium grind a try.
Buy a small bag.