What's new

Different Grinds, Experiment with pictures

Sadie

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks HeadHodge I'll try this when I get a bag....my headache of 5 days seems to have gone...fingers crossed so I will hopefully enjoy my Kava this evening

Sadie

Kava Enthusiast
HeadHodge can I ask a question. I have a digital scale and am using 50grams of powder to 500ml of hot water and doing a 2nd strain with approx. 300ml of hot water - is this excessive? I don't know what a Table Spoon would weigh as they are all different sizes....I am hoping the dosage is ok as it's going to be very expensive if not. I am feeling my Kava now and it's a nice heady/heavy sensation and my headache has gone which is a relief. I've ordered my Ziploc bags today so thanks for that tip

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
HeadHodge can I ask a question. I have a digital scale and am using 50grams of powder to 500ml of hot water and doing a 2nd strain with approx. 300ml of hot water - is this excessive? I don't know what a Table Spoon would weigh as they are all different sizes....I am hoping the dosage is ok as it's going to be very expensive if not. I am feeling my Kava now and it's a nice heady/heavy sensation and my headache has gone which is a relief. I've ordered my Ziploc bags today so thanks for that tip
Sorry, I don't use a scale, so can't really help. Maybe @Kapmcrunk or @Deleted User?? I think they both might use scales.::happyshell::

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
This is totally within the realm of what is normally consumed. I routinely used 55 grams of kava in 400ml of water for years.

Sadie

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks Kapmcrunk...I'm hoping it reduces as my RT kicks in as it's pretty expensive and I am using daily at the minute. I'm glad I'm not overdoing it though so thanks for that reassurance.

Crunked

Proselytizer
I think it depends on the kava. 50g of Nambawan would knock a few people into the next solar system.

Sadie

Kava Enthusiast
I've never had that but I've not been doing it long. So far I've had Nene/Kaolik/Mahakea and Tongan Warrior coming today. I'm not sure but think the Kaolik is giving me headaches although the vendor said Marco on here tested it and it was fine so I'm not sure. I use the same amount with all of them though 50grams/500ml warm water and do a 2nd strain with a little less. Do you have experience of any of the types I've tried? I think I'm finding the Mahakea the best so far in terms of effect although my Nene has started to work a bit better.