What's new

Difficulty Figuring out My Fasting Time

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
Hello Everybody, I don't have much of an appetite in the morning after I workout and do my yoga practice. Now that I've had kava enter my life I never know when to eat. I don't digest food quickly even though my caloric intake needs help in the upward direction. If I want to have it in the evenings, when do I eat? I know I need to eat but when? Kava is playing a big role in not drinking alcohol so I'm trying to help myself on a lot of fronts. Thoughts? Deep peace and health to All of Us.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
This is my exact daily routine for kava and eating.

Normal breakfast: 6:00AM

Big Lunch: 12:00PM

Normal to small dinner: 6:00PM

Make kava @ 7:30PM

Refrigerate until 10:00PM

Drink up!

There's no hard rule, but I give myself 4 hours between my last meal and my kava. Some say 2 is sufficient, but I give 4 just in case.

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
This is my exact daily routine for kava and eating.

Normal breakfast: 6:00AM

Big Lunch: 12:00PM

Normal to small dinner: 6:00PM

Make kava @ 7:30PM

Refrigerate until 10:00PM

Drink up!

There's no hard rule, but I give myself 4 hours between my last meal and my kava. Some say 2 is sufficient, but I give 4 just in case.
I've had tests this year that shows undigested food after 12 hours and I eat small meals. It's frustrating. I've been incorporating more smoothies to get nutrients which gets boring. They're supposed to retest me to see if it's gastric paralysis. I had bulimia for 25 years. I'm going to be more vigilant about taking pre and probiotics. I've upped my protein recently and dropped my carbs. Getting daily calories in is an excruciating process. I guess I'm fortunate that I'm a natural faster but I need nutrition. Maybe the low carb thing is a bad idea. So many fruits etc are off limits. I'm trying it to see if it helps with autoimmune flare. Thanks, Kapm. You didn't need my mini novella. Maybe being further away from the booze will improve things. I had hoped it would have improved by now.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
Man I hate trying to figuire out when to eat sometimes with Kava and all that I'll end up putting off dinner till I go to bed sometimes. I find if I don't give my stomach at least 4 hours it isn't as potent.

As for your nutritional issues, I used to be a very hardcore keto / low carb fanatic but I've actually switched over to vegan "plant-based diet" after reading a book called How Not to Die by Michael Greger and watching his youtube series Nutrition Facts. I would recommend looking into him and his books because I find his explanations to be very easy to swallow. The only really good probiotic I would recommend as a well studied one is Sacchramoyes Boulardarii from Jarrow Formulas. That's the only one that is approved for medical use in hospitals etc. It's not even technically a probiotic it's a yeast.

If you're struggling with nutrients a good multivitamin will cover a lot of bases we don't really need a lot to survive unless you are having difficult absorbing nutrians at all. There have been studies of obese people on vitamin only diets that have been fine. You could also add on a super food green mixture like this (Amazon product) that way you're gettng a wide variety of enzymes, probiotics, etc. I stick to eating a lot of really nutritous vegetables and fruit, especially things of the purple variety like purple sweet potatoes, purple carrots etc. The "good" thing about low-carb is you are going to intake a lot of calories in a small density, but it's at a cost.

I am no doctor, just trying to help. Good thing is fasting can be very beneficial to you and somewhat incorporates well into a ketogenic diet, it's a lot easier then doing fasting when on a glucose heavy diet I can say from personal experience.

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
@Go Krunk Yourself another book you would like is "the vital blend" by Anthony vita, son of a realtor we work for sometimes. The plant based diet has helped me and my mother quite alot (although I still have some meat regularly, oops!) And @Yogini its kind of hard to be able to tell you what will work for you, knowing that it takes you a while to digest foods, but
Having alot of fiber in your diet may be able to help that. Now as for my food intake, on a non work day I like to have a small-ish breakfast when I've woken up or a smoothie and my ideal eating time is about 4pm, that way I can start shelling by 6-7pm