What's new

DIY Nambawan?

infraredz

BULA!
Awesome. I've been wondering about this myself. I would think that its probably something like 40/40/20 Melo/Borogu/Boroguru just based on the chemotypes of the various strains.

I've been wanting to try it out but can't be bothered to try out Borogu yet ;)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
On the topic of Borogu it's pretty good, but as vekta pointed out it lacks the slight punch that boroguru has. I've never directly ordered borogu, but it's been mistakenly added to my order as boroguru.

And akava, I believe the mixtures are blended at the growers location, so matching the taste probably wont happen, and that's definitely one of the major contributing factors to why I like nambawan so much.

infraredz

BULA!
Definitely. Even if we could find a blend that feels 95% like Nambawan, the "fresh" and mild taste would still be something we wouldn't be able to get and as Kapm said, that's a BIG reason I love it so much.

D

Deleted User01

And remember that NKH says that WOW! is a mixture of Borogu and Boroguru with extraneous fibers removed. A more concentrated powder. WOW doesn't taste bad either. It would be nice to turn 30 buck a pound Kava into 60 buck a pound Kava. The Holy Grail!
Sic'em Deleted User.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Judds going to be upset, bc the nambawan costs more
I won't be too upset. What makes Nambawan so potent and tasty is the processing. You may be able to mix the different roots to get a similar chemotype and effect, but it likely won't be quite as potent or have that same super fresh taste. Of course all of our kava is super high quality, and in the end we just want everyone to find products from us that make them happy. Besides, if you mix our other varieties that means you bought at least three bags which doesn't upset me at all ;)

D

Deleted User01

Hey Judd, help us out with this temperature thing (another thread). What do you think is the optimal temperature for Kavalactone Extraction?

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Hey Judd, help us out with this temperature thing (another thread). What do you think is the optimal temperature for Kavalactone Extraction?
Honestly, I don't know what temp would be considered "perfect", and I don't know that anyone does. For me, it's all about warm to the touch. I'm not that specific really. I've seen research that states that water over 112 degrees is when the kavalactones may start to break down, but I've also seen 140. I've also read that the destruction of kavalactones due to temperature is pretty negligible anyway.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I've been mixing melo melo and boroguru for weeks. It doesn't really compare to Nambawan in terms of potency or taste, but it is my favorite combo.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I tried mixing Melo Melo(4 tbsp) and Boroguru(4 tbsp) for the 1st time last night, unfortunately it just lead to a night of stomach problems and almost no buzz. (Still slept great from it though). This came right off the heels of trying Melo Melo(8 tbsp) for the 1st time the other day, which was surprisingly powerful...even after the 1st shell. But that experience was also tainted by a night stomach problems and a period of panicky sensations. Uncomfortable in the mind and body quakes/shivering/legs jerking. Definitely not the typical reaction...but im gonna force myself to keep trying for a while to see if i start responding to it properly. Especially before reviewing.