What's new

Do you all drink kava on weeknights, weekend nights, or both?

Hitch

Kava Curious
Hi All, I’ve been experimenting with not just more types of kava and but also when I drink it... I sometimes drink kava on weekend nights and sometimes on weeknights. It averages out to be about once a weekend and 2-3 weeknights every week (with some weeks with no kava and some with lots of kava).

Curious to know... do folks here also drink on weeknights too? Do you have a favorite strain for weeknight vs weekend?

I look forward to hearing your responses! :)

krunkgod

Kava Enthusiast
I don't appreciate kava as much when I drink it every night and I seem to develop a tolerance to it when used daily.

That said, It depends on my mood and whats going on. If I'm working a lot and have to be on the ball for my job I avoid drinking weeknights.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
For social kava sessions, I like to start with something heady, then if the session moves towards more difficult subjects, or if we start to get tired, I'll switch to heavy kava.

For solo kava drinking, it depends on what I want to achieve. Heavy kava right up front is great if you want to ease sore muscles or get to sleep. A balanced kava can be a nice way to chillax if you start drinking a few hours before bed. Heady kava can be ok any time, especially if you drink small amounts.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
I have been drinking kava on weekends, mostly but not that rarely on weekdays. No interference with work whatsoever.

Halibut_Acid

Krunkadelic
I definitely drink shells every day. Usually not during the day at work, but sometimes I bring some with me. Definitely every night and all day on weekends unless I'm having alcohol. Sometimes weekday morning I have a shell. I have noticed the tolerance issue with daily drinking, but if I focus on it I can still get really strong effects. For me it keeps me in a good place with much less anxiety so I would really just rather drink it whenever I feel like it.

Precipitated

Kava Curious
On average I'm having Kava 3-4 times per week, so both on weekends and weekdays. The only difference is that on the weekends I tend to throw in a couple more tablespoons for good measure,

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
When I got a stock of kava at home, I tend to drink kava 5-6 evenings per week. I don't really find pleasure in drinking kava during the days for some reasons. Ending a day with some kava is the best way for me.

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster
I'm a 3-4 times a week kind of guy. I also tend to drink much more root when I have a session though, so it probably equals out over the week compared to the daily guys who only have a couple tablespoons!

BobBriggs

Kava Curious
The only things that stop me drinking it all day nearly everyday are the price and the limited supply in Australia.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
A higher frequency of kava drinking pretty much necessitates a variety of kava in your cupboard. If I just had the same kind every day, it'd get boring and I'd probably make myself relaxed when it's not appropriate. I usually drink balanced during the day and heavy at night. I drink kava regularly but not every day. It's pretty much based on whimsy, whenever I feel like it.