What's new

Do you guys notice clear-headedness during a break?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I havent had a kava break in a while but I want my energy levels to go up and wouldn't mind feeling more clear headed for meditation and some introspective afternoons in nature. I don't feel super foggy but I'm just wondering if I can expect a refreshing sharp feeling when I take a break or is this not the case for you guys? Nothing is wrong with the way I feel right now but I would like a change of mindscape if you know what I mean. Fall is my favorite time of year and i want to be able to appreciate it in all of its beauty.

2Intense

Kava Enthusiast
I havent had a kava break in a while but I want my energy levels to go up and wouldn't mind feeling more clear headed for meditation and some introspective afternoons in nature. I don't feel super foggy but I'm just wondering if I can expect a refreshing sharp feeling when I take a break or is this not the case for you guys? Nothing is wrong with the way I feel right now but I would like a change of mindscape if you know what I mean. Fall is my favorite time of year and i want to be able to appreciate it in all of its beauty.
I completely get where you are coming from. Yes, I can tell a difference in mental clarity on the mornings after abstaining. I also have a little more energy through out the day. Lately, I have been using high intensity aerobic exercise to deal with anxiety. Here.. here on the fall. I get into nature and hike of backpack as much as possible.

D

Deleted User01

My favorite fall moments used to be when I ran the natural trails at one of our local parks and for many years (at a very slow pace). But after I started getting hip pain, I gave it up. And I have always said, "who needs kava when you have running". But not everyone can run nor do they have a nice park with long natural trails. Running on pavement sucks. @ThePiper, when I do kava, I have an easier time meditating at night. But you are talking about daytime meditation.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Since I stopped drinking alcohol on a frequent basis, I feel like my energy levels have doubled or tripled. Kava is my evening drink and seems to help uphold my good habits as well as provide me with deep rest. The other variable is that I've been exercising quite a bit, so that is likely helping with energy and sleep.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
I think taking a break is always a good thing I never do, but I rarely overdo kava or even take it to krunkness unless on a weekend. I don't have any sort of grogginess and always have plenty of energy. The thing with kava for me at at least is finding balance and using a middle ground. I use kava for peace and clarity mostly so I can meditate deeply on. What kava are you using mostly? Maybe switching to something lighter or less heady?

D

Deleted User01

The think I didn't mention in my other post is that if I take a break from kava, then I'm going to hit the Scotch, Beer, or Wine. No doubt about it. So I never take a break from Kava (except on my alcohol days) but perhaps I will decrease the dosage. For the record, a big kava day for me is 3 doses, a medium day is 2 doses, and when I'm running low, it's 1 dose (but I still sleep good). @ThePiper. just cut back the day before you hit the trails. At least you will sleep good. Or here is another idea, run out of kava and forget to order. :jawdrop:

ThePiper

Kava Lover
yeah for me at this point i wouldnt mind having a fall festive beer or two. I've probably only drank a total of 6 or 7 beers this entire year, so I do kind of miss the flavor. I did notice i had very good energy today after making a much needed trip to the woods for a hike yesterday and appreciating the weather. Maybe I should just drink kava after 6pm instead of around lunchtime? I also feel like I am getting a tolerance to kava or something. the effects are only lasting about half as long as they used to. It originally was that I would get about an hour and a half of the heady buzzing and after that 2.5-3.5 hours of relaxation from kava. Now it's about 30-60 minutes of heady vibes followed by maybe 2 hours of relaxation tops. I also feel that I need at least 25% more kava per dose to get the effects vs. what I used 3 or 4 months ago.

D

Deleted User01

@ThePiper, it does sound like you want to take a break from kava and have the evidence to backup your decision. I eat within an hour of doing my kava and I don't expect to keep peaking. After supper, I just want to relax and watch football or listen to an audiobook. Go ahead and take a break, it sure won't hurt you but keep some handy just in case. And of course ... report back to us with your experiences.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
I remember I used to get fogginess from kavas high in M. Perhaps it's because it takes so bloody long for our bodies to metabolise it? I don't know. I don't get any fogginess from the kavas I currently drink, provided I get enough sleep of course

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
I remember I used to get fogginess from kavas high in M. Perhaps it's because it takes so bloody long for our bodies to metabolise it? I don't know. I don't get any fogginess from the kavas I currently drink, provided I get enough sleep of course
Me too, no fogginess...actually clarity and focus with moderate consumption only after 5 pm. My farm-work day begins before 6 am and goes to kava-time, day in and day out!

ThePiper

Kava Lover
yeah i too am very particular about using clean noble kavas and I don't note any "perma-fog" hence why I asked the question. I don't know whether I will get sharp and clear headed from a break.

D

Deleted User01

Since I start in the afternoon, my kava has metabolized by morn. If there is any fog in the morning, coffee quickly takes care of that. I am usually on my computer at 5am with a cup of coffee and doing brain work before breakfast. I feel mellow and a little coffee jump starts the brain. But go ahead and take a break. We need volunteers for these kinds of experiments. As I stated, the problem with me taking a break is that I will quickly replace kava with alcohol 'cause I ain't got no will power. If you can do it, then you're a better man than I am Gunga Din.

Status
Not open for further replies.