What's new

Do you guys own Tanoas?

Krunked up Tong

Kava Enthusiast
I'm saving up some money to buy a tanoa, as curerntly I'm using a washing up bowl to make my Kava in. I've actually grown to kind of love the washing up bowl to be fair, it's cheap as hell but I bought it specifically for Kava for like £3 or something lol.

So, do you guys own a Tanoa? If so, let's see a picture!

The Tanoa I want to buy is from a company called Custom Tanoas. The link to their site is https://www.customtanoas.com/store/ - I want to buy the " 1 Gallon Acacia wood Tanoa". It's quite expensive but it will be really special to me.

Custom Tanoas is a crew of people that live in Thailand and drink kava. I follow some of the guys on instagram, they are a pretty interesting page to follow.

Osadandaula UK

Kava Enthusiast
Mine is not quite a washing up bowl but not far off. I often let soak for a few out in a lunch box first, sometimes I just prep it in there although it’s a bit small and there’s lots of spillage. The metal bowl is idea and I nearly always pore it into a kilner bottle to chill in the fridge, so it not in there long. It difficult for me to justify a tanoa but I love the idea!
IMG_8846.jpeg

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I own a Tanoa (Kalm with kava) but I don’t use it. It’s more of a decorative piece to admire. It’s shallow so not the best for practical use. The usual bowl for me is a spouted mixing bowl for pouring cups of kava

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I have been collecting old Pacific artefacts the last 30 years and have about a dozen nice tanoa/kumete now, including some very nice modern ones, but dont use them for my daily kava fix - much easier to use a cheap stainless steel bowl.
I would only ever get a real vesi wood bowl out for a special occasion with friends - otherwise a steel or even plastic bowl is fine. In the homeland of kava, Vanuatu, plastic buckets are common.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I’ve definitely been tempted to get another tanoa or two to have a proper display for my home. They are beautiful art pieces but they tend to be very expensive at least from resellers. I’d love to give my money to the communities who make it straight from the islands if it was affordable. I’m sure it’s possible I just wouldn’t know where to look.

Kavadelic

Kava Curious
I own a Tanoa (Kalm with kava) but I don’t use it. It’s more of a decorative piece to admire. It’s shallow so not the best for practical use. The usual bowl for me is a spouted mixing bowl for pouring cups of kava
I love your little turtlnoa