What's new

Does anyone have experiences with supplemental amino acids

Status
Not open for further replies.

schatz

itchin for kava
Thanks in advance for any input I shall recieve from forum members. I have been trying to find anxiety relief , depression and energy boost at same time for me and my daughter. I have found that kava has helped me in the anxiety department but not so much in the energy aspect and my daughter hates the taste of kava so she rarely partakes. I need to find something that shows results to her rather quickly so she gets it and will continue to use whatever I come up with. Right now am trying L- carnitine and so far this stuff has been amazing in the fact that I am getting great increased energy and mental benefits. Any opinions about this substance are appreciated.I also have read that this would go well with Lipoic acid. Also have some Taurine and DL-Pheylalanine, N- Acetyl L Tyrosine that I have not tried yet but am thinking about trying.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
L-Theanine is excellent as well, goes well with caffeine in the sense that they compliment each other. I am also a strong believer of Omega 3 & 6 supplements or better yet, eating it.

schatz

itchin for kava
L theanine just makes me droswy and with doing kava daily I become sort of lazy. So I am interested in more energy, I also suppliment with fish oil and assorted herbs, also ashwaganda but am wanting more in your face make me get off the couch but not wanting pharmaceuticals. I thought I might ask here seeing as you guys are preety much in the same boat as far as I am. And caffeine is good but I am looking for a less jittery and longer lasting approach. Thanks

schatz

itchin for kava
So far I am thrilled with results, they may be aband aid or placebo effect but we willsee. I just hate the thought of trying maoi or ssri or xanax or any of the other various and nefarious meds, especially when it comes to my daughter who is only 19 to face a life time of side effects would suck. Will keep this thread updated on results.

marksmyspot

Kava Curious
NADH which stands for "nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide is very good. I take 10MG on empty stomach in the morning. My mood gets brighter.

This is from WebMD:
NADH is used for improving mental clarity, alertness, concentration, and memory; as well as for treating Alzheimer’s disease. Because of its role in energy production, NADH is also used for improving athletic endurance and treating chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).

Also L-phenylalanine (not DL-Phenylalanine) is good for energy. At least it helps me.

schatz

itchin for kava
I have not heard of NADH, would like to learn more on this. Where do you source your aminos from, I have mostly been dealing with bulk supplements but do not know if they are the right ones to be getting these from, but they are really reasonably priced.
I am currently taking DL- phenylalanine, is there something about non DL that is better that I should know about ? I havent noticed too many benefits from this yet but according to research it might take up to 4 weeks for any improvements are noticed.
I am also taking the Acetyl-L-Carnitine and taurine and it is incredible how fast these hit the system, no need for caffiene anymore.

marksmyspot

Kava Curious
I get most of my aminos from Vitamin Shoppe, Lassens Market or Sprouts Farmers Market. I don't know if those exist in your location. I am from Southern California.
You can also get some good supplements online. Most decent vitamin places should have them NADH is harder to find, but you can get it at some of the very good vitamin places.

The DL- phenylalanine doesn't work as well for me for energy or mood and also has given me headaches. The
L- phenylalanine works better for me as far as energy and mood.

The brands I use are Source Naturals, Jarrow or sometimes the stores own brand if it is good.

I take Acetyl-L-Carnitine as well. It is very good and helps memory and energy.

schatz

itchin for kava
I get most of my aminos from Vitamin Shoppe, Lassens Market or Sprouts Farmers Market. I don't know if those exist in your location. I am from Southern California.
You can also get some good supplements online. Most decent vitamin places should have them NADH is harder to find, but you can get it at some of the very good vitamin places.

The DL- phenylalanine doesn't work as well for me for energy or mood and also has given me headaches. The
L- phenylalanine works better for me as far as energy and mood.

The brands I use are Source Naturals, Jarrow or sometimes the stores own brand if it is good.

I take Acetyl-L-Carnitine as well. It is very good and helps memory and energy.
Thank for the reply, and info.
I am an Amazon purchaser and bulk supps guy, it seems that I can find them alot cheaper that way and usually am not in any hurry to obtain them.
I have been researching NADH and it seems to be very interesting. I think for now I will stick with my regime of aminos I have been taking, they seem to be having a profound effect.
It is really amazing how aminos are overlooked by mainsrteam and holistic practitioners, it just seems like they just want to throw useless xanax or ssri's or maoi's or an herbal adaptogen at it and hope you go away and come back for more pills when you run out. It feels to me lke amino acids have been the overlooked way of treating many of the symptoms I have been having in the last few years as I am getting older.
I would never have researched aminos if not for my weightlifting son telling me about them and benefits to be had. Doctors have never mentioned they might be a problem.
Amazing stuff.

schatz

itchin for kava
Thanks Crunked interesting read. I have read nothing but good things about ALCAR or L- Carnitine and also I guess you want to take alpha lipolic acid with it, so I got that on order and will let you guys know how that goes. But so far I am loving the ALCAR had to cut it down for now to 150mg. 4 or 5 times a day because the 500mg. that is recommended was way too strong. But this stuff so far is incredible for energy, no more coffe for me except for the taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.