What's new

Does anyone have times they just keep going?

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
I am curious if anyone ever sort of "keeps going" with kava the way they may have with alcohol? I can just do tablespoon after tablespoon at times I could demolish a pound bag in a short period of time and I'm wondering if I'm the only one or I'm doing too much and should expect a Kava death lol. I do not notice that I dont really get any "deeper" though I haven't had double vision in a LONG while the Kava's just don't hit like they used to I remember doing a little micronized of 99 year waka or whatever that brand is and It hit me so hard a few years ago I got double visioned and just sold it on the marketplace here lol. It's strange with Kava that I can do like 4 tablespoons and get myself to a level of krunkinness but ti doesn't really... stack.. at least it doesn't anymore. Perhaps it has something to do with the antidepressants I've been on for a few years they even blunt alcohol these days to be fair.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I am curious if anyone ever sort of "keeps going" with kava the way they may have with alcohol? I can just do tablespoon after tablespoon at times I could demolish a pound bag in a short period of time and I'm wondering if I'm the only one or I'm doing too much and should expect a Kava death lol. I do not notice that I dont really get any "deeper" though I haven't had double vision in a LONG while the Kava's just don't hit like they used to I remember doing a little micronized of 99 year waka or whatever that brand is and It hit me so hard a few years ago I got double visioned and just sold it on the marketplace here lol. It's strange with Kava that I can do like 4 tablespoons and get myself to a level of krunkinness but ti doesn't really... stack.. at least it doesn't anymore. Perhaps it has something to do with the antidepressants I've been on for a few years they even blunt alcohol these days to be fair.
I do that sometimes, most pounds only last me 2-3 days anyway. It's really easy to kill half pound in a night. I think the state of things in this country and around the world add to my personal stress load, I assume we must all feel it. i think some of us have better coping mechanisms than others.

BTW that "99" year stuff, guessing you mean 11 year waka, probably more like 3-5 year kava. I would be amazed if those plants are STILL 11 years old, Doubtful.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I do that sometimes, most pounds only last me 2-3 days anyway. It's really easy to kill half pound in a night. I think the state of things in this country and around the world add to my personal stress load, I assume we must all feel it. i think some of us have better coping mechanisms than others.

BTW that "99" year stuff, guessing you mean 11 year waka, probably more like 3-5 year kava. I would be amazed if those plants are STILL 11 years old, Doubtful.
Exactly my sentiments. And yeah, 99 years lol. Some pretty old kava. Never heard of that before.

Ive never run through Kava nearly as heavily as some of you guys. I had 92 grams 2 days ago, but I do use kava as an adjunct, in a sort of balancing act, with those other psychoactives. I did also ingest 155 micrograms of a hallucinogenic thingy too plus plenty MJ.

But I'm sure I've never gone over 100 grams in a single day. Maybe if kava was the sole psychoactive...

For myself, having entered the Kava world in November 2019, when there were still fluffy bunnies and meadows lol, I really enjoyed the entire experience and feeling of the kava so much more in earlier 2020, much less so as the dismal year went on.

Like you say Krunky it's effected us all. Nobody is immune from the situation emotionally.

I personally enjoy kava infinitely more if I am already in a happy, fully relaxed mindset. Especially if that is a regular norm.

It's not a magic pill, and shouldn't be, IMO, because simply masking over things at heart is not the way to healing and resolution.

These are difficult times mentally and emotionally for us all. This will be affecting our individual ability to access that beautiful, carefree, blissful happy headspace kava can help us reach.

And like you say we have our own coping measures. My own have not been the best advised, but luckily I have my 1st mental health therapy appointment next Thursday at last, to just openly air and lay things out.

Draw a ring round the issues, what I am determined to address, and make practical plans and set goals etc.

Continually tripping to the moon (and NOT back lol) has it's benefits I will say, bit also drawbacks.

But sometimes we just need a bit of help. Family can't always offer the kind of support we need, being too emotionally attached.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
I've been drinking more kava than normal lately. This past weekend a friend came up, and we had tablespoon after tablespoon like you mentioned. For me, it's just like you said, 4-6 tablespoons feel good, after that it doesn't really matter how much more I add-- the effect doesn't increase. I've also been getting depressed and anxious lately to the point of incapacitation. Not sure if drinking more kava is causing this, or if I'm just drinking more kava because of it... (Chicken vs. Egg). I have to take frequent breaks from kava to remember what my center is.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast

Now I don't feel so crazy lol I just wanted to make sure and yes it was the 11 year does age increase potency? If I ever become wealthy I will make a 30 year Kava and give it out for free lol.

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
I've been drinking more kava than normal lately. This past weekend a friend came up, and we had tablespoon after tablespoon like you mentioned. For me, it's just like you said, 4-6 tablespoons feel good, after that it doesn't really matter how much more I add-- the effect doesn't increase. I've also been getting depressed and anxious lately to the point of incapacitation. Not sure if drinking more kava is causing this, or if I'm just drinking more kava because of it... (Chicken vs. Egg). I have to take frequent breaks from kava to remember what my center is.
This sorta resonated with me. (The "Chicken vs. Egg" bit in particular.)
There are times when I want to blame Kava for how I feel, but then I think "Maybe this (anxiety+depression) would be terrible WITHOUT Kava!"

One dramatic thing that happened to me, and has held consistent over the past few weeks, is that I SWITCHED.
I was a KWK Loa Waka drinker. Pre-lunch and pre-dinner every day. It hit me pretty good the first time I tried it, and after reading on their site that it's their "strongest", I just kept a bunch on-hand and used only it.
Recently I tried KWK Samoa Ava and KWK Special Variety. I was floored by the difference in how I felt. The front-end effects weren't maybe as heady as the Loa Waka, but the "back-end anxiety" I seemed to get from Loa Waka was nonexistent.
ALso... I would have times where my midday Loa Waka session would leave me sorta unmotivated.
With these other two varieties (particularly the Samoa Ava) it's the opposite. And at night I just go heavier.
A midday serving for me is at least 15 grams on the VERY low end, up to 35 grams at times, depending on how I'm feeling.