What's new

Does Kava have PROFOUND anti-anxiety effects on you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
I'm not talking just a calming effect. I've suffered from moderate to severe anxiety for over a decade now, and the more I use Kava the more amazed I am by it. I've used Paxil, Zoloft, and a few other medications and none of them work as well as Kava, not even close (with the exception of Xanax). I use it frequently (daily) and even into the next day if I do not use it my anxiety is almost nil from my previous days usage. Boroguru seems to be the champion for me with regards to this. Just wondering if anybody else has had an anxiety disorder which he/she was able to almost completely reverse through the use of Kava?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Paxil and zoloft are serotonergic drugs meant to lift mood/depression, not specifically for anxiety problems...but lifting one's mood usually happens to also reduce anxiety.
It makes sense that you made an exception for xanax, because Xanax is an actual anxiolytic drug that alters GABA...and kava works more similarly to that.
Plenty of people around here have also mentioned some lingering, day-after anxiety relief. (y) And I think Boroguru is often the most recommended for this.
I have some social & general anxiety issues...but personally only find relief the night I'm drinking, for the most part. There have been times where I still feel a bit chilled a few hours into the next day, but there's also been some times where my next day is kinda hazy and almost more anxious, while still feeling a bit slow.
I have reversed the onset of panic attacks with kava and have turned bad days good when i'm constantly obsessing on underlying anxiety sensation. It all shuts off, when I finally make my evening kava.
I guess, in my experience, I find it nicely and enjoyably effective. But not necessarily profound.

Last edited:

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I would have to say yes, it has helped me, I have no anxiety now. I will get some stress sometimes but kava takes care of that too.
You will find that different varaities of kava will be different. Like you said Boroguru helps you a lot, that it a good one. There are some Hawaiian varaities that also help very well, I drink Hawaiian kava 90% of the time. I have found that the Nene, Papa Kea, Moi, and Hanakapi Ai works very well for anxiety .

Let me know if you ever need some good farm fresh Hawaiian kava, it is the freshest kava you can get unless you harvest it yourself. I'd be happy to supply you some of my amazing home-grown kava (y)
Aloha

Chris

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I find it helps, at least during the evenings. I also take valium every day, but the valium really no longer helps. I hope to soon taper off it, and just use the kava. :) Much love. Roaddog....

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Absolutely. Kava has had one of the largest impacts on my life and my anxiety levels on a day-to-day basis. I'm afraid I would have gone crazy at least a few times by now if not for kava. This effect is the reason I took on the venture of kavaforums. So maybe others can experience the same wonderful effects that you're posting about now :D

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Anxiety and sensory overload are the reasons I drink kava. It was a massive,crippling attack that eventually brought me here over 2 years ago. Boroguru is the cultivar I drink most since I discovered it.

Since then both the anxiety and sensory overload have been greatly reduced. If I was to put a number on it I'd say by about 80%. I still get anxiety attacks every once in a while but it takes much more to push me into sensory overload. At first it was just anxiety attacks. When it got worse the anxiety attacks started to come with sensory overload tacked on it.

This simulation is an excerpt from a documentary about autism but this is the closest example I can find to what sensory overload looks like to me when it happens. I can't even make it through this simulation without turning the volume down or looking away.

Last edited:

infraredz

BULA!
Like Kapm and Vekta so rightly put it, I too find that kava has a very profound impact on my anxiety in a good way. Like others have said, the lasting effect into the next day, ("Shield Effect", "afterglow", etc) also helps in this regard.

Now, if only I could get off the benzos then I would truly have something amazing to treat my anxiety.

It certainly does not require me to drink it throughout the day to get a profound anxiolytic effect, and it does definitely give me a lasting anxiolysis.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Like Kapm and Vekta so rightly put it, I too find that kava has a very profound impact on my anxiety in a good way. Like others have said, the lasting effect into the next day, ("Shield Effect", "afterglow", etc) also helps in this regard.

Now, if only I could get off the benzos then I would truly have something amazing to treat my anxiety.

It certainly does not require me to drink it throughout the day to get a profound anxiolytic effect, and it does definitely give me a lasting anxiolysis.
I agree with absolutely every thing you said. especially the Benzos. I have quite all my life crutches( even smoking) but that's the one hard one there.:banghead: Much love. Roaddog....

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
I wouldnt say I have social anxiety......but something like it..I guess.

Im a introvert....which makes it difficult to connect to people sometime.
and I do get a little anxious from it, from time to time.
Kava makes me so I can be a salesman, and have full blown convos with random peeps.

I also noticed it brings backs my once natural state of patience.
I think that helps alot too

Benzos usually cause people to withdraw without knowing it....intensifying anxiety, taking more....its a circle.
Gotta get over that hump!
Ashton Method is the ideal.

I personaly believe that majority of severe anxiety, depression, skitzo, bi-polar are due to other factors such as
Imbalances
Disease
Lyme "and alike"
Chemical exposure
etc..etc

Lots of water helps mine, and I believe a fast while concentrating on the spiritual realm is a most often needed thing.:shameshame:

D

Deleted User01

I wish I had Kava when I was really stressed out. So it is not profound for me. But it slows down my "give a shitter" and that really helps give me a prespective on life. Everything bad that that happens is no longer the end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.