What's new

Does shaking technique make a difference in results, with the Aluball ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
If you shake the Aluball super vigorously, or any special technique or angles, or shake longer, will any other method make a difference in getting better results out of your kava ?

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
If you shake the Aluball super vigorously, or any special technique or angles, such as sideways as opposed to vertically, or any other way, or shake longer, will any other method make a difference in getting better results out of your kava ?
yes. Also, some techniques are more likely to damage the balls. Also, some techniques are more likely to make the dreaded kava geode so in effect there is no wash performed (no problem if you have multiple balls, you just match a geode hemisphere with a clean empty hemisphere and do another wash).

Chillbert

Kava Curious
The best Aluball technique ever on this forum was to place a plastic sandwich bag over the top of the shaker, then screw the lid on. Protects your ball and eliminates leaks. Once you've made that accommodation, shake the crap out of it any which way you want.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I use a one-handed up-down with a modified twist-swirl motion with just enough liquid and twist-swirl to keep the ball from hitting top or bottom. I have never double, or triple balled, but with this technique I have had the same fully functional and intact ball for a year and half with no rips or tears. Wow, that does not sound like I am describing an aluball shake....

I like the idea of the plastic bag. I sometimes after several uses in a night find that the rim gets wet and/or small particles on it. This tends to make it not seal tight and leak when shaking. Just fine if I spend the time to clean it out, but you know I am usually already 2-3 aluballs in...

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
The best Aluball technique ever on this forum was to place a plastic sandwich bag over the top of the shaker, then screw the lid on. Protects your ball and eliminates leaks. Once you've made that accommodation, shake the crap out of it any which way you want.
Sometimes if I am not careful to tighten the lid super tight, it will leak out the top, when shaken.
So then, I might worry that with a plastic bag in between, it might produce a less secure seal, resulting in more dripping while shaking ?
Maybe this could be an improvement on the next Aluball version : a built-in soft plastic top or safety net to prevent crackage from hitting the hard upper surface ?

Status
Not open for further replies.