What's new

During a session, what to eat to enhance kava effects?

kavasam

Kava Curious
I was doing some Wacacon Waka once, results were OK but not spectacular. Toward the end of the shells, I ate something (which I can't remember) and immediately after suddenly got seriously whacked by the Waka. Bam! Good thing I didn't have to drive anywhere. I've read that some suggest taking a bit of hot and spicy food which I've tried (Jack Links Jalapeno sticks) but it doesn't seem to do much. Does anyone have suggestions of what might work?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I was doing some Wacacon Waka once, results were OK but not spectacular. Toward the end of the shells, I ate something (which I can't remember) and immediately after suddenly got seriously whacked by the Waka. Bam! Good thing I didn't have to drive anywhere. I've read that some suggest taking a bit of hot and spicy food which I've tried (Jack Links Jalapeno sticks) but it doesn't seem to do much. Does anyone have suggestions of what might work?
http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/potentiates-datasheet.16010/

Zaphod

Kava Lover
This has been discussed quite a bit in the past and I am sure you can find good threads with lots of suggestions. Most boil down to two variations that do the trick - spicy foods and fat. Some like their fat in the form of greasy food, other like myself like dairy fat like cheese. My suggestion is try both and see how it goes...

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I thought it was from the fat, but is there a difference if it's greasy ?
Like, is greasy, fatty food better than non-greasy, fatty food ?
Greasy / Fatty are probably being used interchangeably when it really is referring specifically to lipids. The lipids (or fats) we theorize allow for a quicker uptake of kavalactones in the stomach lining and the small intestine.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Dark chocolate.
I have melted some good dark chocolate, mixed with microgrind, and resolidifed for a kava chocolate bar before. It was decent but (1) hard to mix in enough microgrind into a reasonable amount of chocolate to not have to eat a ton and (2)I love the taste of a good dark chocolate and the kava ruins that taste. Eating it after a shell is much better:woot:

kavasam

Kava Curious
I was just wondering about doing that a week ago. I won't bother now. I kind of thought that might be the problem but wanted to find out. I guess I don't need to since you did it already.

kavasam

Kava Curious
So Google translate says "сало в шоколаде" means "chocolate lard". Not familiar with that. Is that just a plain chocolate bar and where do you get spicy ones?