What's new

Dysphoria

mlenny

Kava Curious
Kava has recently been *causing* me dysphoric panic reactions. Does not seem particularly dose- or varietal-dependent (with the exception of ISA, which seems to be okay). It never did that before. What the hell is going on and is there a way to fix it? I would hate for the answer to be that I just have to stop doing it, but if that's what I need to do then it's what I need to do.

Thanks for your help,
Matthew

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
So you've got dysphoria, and you've also posted about nausea, vomiting, and high blood pressure, occurring lately.
All of those can have numerous causes, other than kava.
Also, there could be some causes that include all of those symptoms at the same time - such as Food Poisoning.
Since you seem convinced it's coming from the kava, and also considering the Food Poisoning mentioned above, I would start by looking at the quality of your kava and the source. Are you sure the product is legit ?
Once you've verified that, or ruled that out, it might be a good idea to get checked out completely, to rule out other things goin on, since you seem to be having multiple unexplained symptoms.

Last edited:

mlenny

Kava Curious
So you've got dysphoria, and you've also posted about nausea, vomiting, and high blood pressure, occurring lately.
All of those can have numerous causes, other than kava.
Also, there could be some causes that include all of those symptoms at the same time - such as Food Poisoning.
Since you seem convinced it's coming from the kava, and also considering the Food Poisoning I mentioned above, I would start by looking at the quality of your kava and the source. Are you sure the product is legit ?
Once you've verified that, or ruled that out, it might be a good idea to get checked out completely, to rule out other things goin on, since you seem to be having multiple unexplained symptoms.
It's from Kava Depot and N@H.

Thanks,
Matthew

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Kava has recently been *causing* me dysphoric panic reactions. Does not seem particularly dose- or varietal-dependent (with the exception of ISA, which seems to be okay). It never did that before. What the hell is going on and is there a way to fix it? I would hate for the answer to be that I just have to stop doing it, but if that's what I need to do then it's what I need to do.

Thanks for your help,
Matthew
Use less. See if that helps any. I'm thinking it will.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Also, and this is only a possibility, especially since I don't know your whole situation...but it could be an interaction with something else, as opposed to the kava by itself.
Whether it be another botanical, or drug, or even a food, etc.
The best way to address this is through journaling.
Journal everything you do and consume, and monitor it, and see if you find a pattern somewhere.
I bet you will, if you do that