What's new

Eating afterward

KavaCat

Meow.
Guys
Guys
I've read of course, that many people get a buzz again, when eating something post-kava. I've had the same experience, but today seems different. Today (yesterday? I'm on a weird schedule), my friend comes over and wants kava. So over the course of many hours, we drink a lot of kava. I had probably 3 tbsp of micronized mahakea over the night. It wasn't too much at the time, I mean this is over about six to eight hours. My friend finally leaves in the wee hours, I go about my business for a couple of hours. I get hungry, and grab a cup of microwave chili- the little like, 4 or 6 ounce cups. Put extra hot sauce on top, warm it up, eat it, and I am completely and suddenly wrecked. I don't think I could walk too well right now. Is this... is this normal after a heavy kava session? Again, I paced myself quite slowly throughout the time my friend and I were having kava. I never felt bad at any point. But I know I did have quite a bit. I don't think I've ever eaten after having so much kava. Is this normal?

K

Kava Steve

I mow down within 30 minutes of my last shell and sometimes have another shell an hour after... Cant say that I have felt wrecked or that what you described was a heavy kava session..... Maybe you are dehydrated.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Totally normal. Especially with chili and the hot sauce. I've found that heavier, greasier, spicier and hot (temp) foods will kick a kava session waaayy up. It'll crank that nob to 12 and further.

When I first started drinking kava I would prepare my stone, drink it warm (awful) and then eat some ramen noodles. I would feel it pretty well before the noodles, but afterwards...I was walking through the house with one eye open, and stumbling like the village idiot.

D

Deleted User01

Lucy, make me some greasy pork belly tacos and don't forget the hot sauce! ::ricky:: Seriously folks, I'm trying to avoid greasy foods so quit encouraging me. :D

P.S. We are having a bumper pepper crop in the garden so maybe it time to kick supper up a couple of notches ... for the sake of kava.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
The things mentioned in this thread, chili (or curry) with hot sauce and ramen (spicy)...have always been the exact things that also give me that extra boost...and I love it.

D

Deleted User01

@shakas, so anything with hot sauce will do the trick? Like chips with a hot salsa? Maybe with a little guacamole on the side. :hungry: Dang, it's getting close to lunch.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I never feel like eating after a decent session, but if I force myself to, or if someone puts a plate in front of me, I know I only have about 5 minutes of eating time before I am completely mashed, seeing double, clinging onto the walls and aiming for the bedroom.

KavaCat

Meow.
I never feel like eating after a decent session, but if I force myself to, or if someone puts a plate in front of me, I know I only have about 5 minutes of eating time before I am completely mashed, seeing double, clinging onto the walls and aiming for the bedroom.
LOL. I am so, so glad it's not just me. I normally just go to bed after kava, but I wasn't sleepy yet.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Oh ya. Coffee did this to me the other day when I was playing elder scrolls and I had to stop drinking it half way through the cup cuz I was like falling over the place

KavaCat

Meow.
Spicy or heat increases metabolism. Basic ayurvedic principle.
I don't believe in ayurveda- some of it is clearly superstition. But I do know that they're correct in this particular case about the peppers! I never thought about that. So perhaps hot, strong green tea would also get the same effect? Or a strong hot chocolate with enough cocoa to stimulate metabolism?

Also, just for funs, which Elder Scrolls? lol, I just re-bought Morrowind on the Steam sale, since I had been meaning to get a digital copy. I forgot how fun that game is, as long as you're not an impatient tool who doesn't like reading. Admittedly, sometimes I am not in the mood to read, but I often can and will, unlike a bunch of these whippersnappers these days who refuse to even look at narrated cutscenes for more than ten seconds. HARUMPH. /old fart