What's new

Endless Kava recomendations? Is there a way to create a sort of interactive popular kava chart?

new-kavadonia

Kava Curious
Hey everyone,

Just a little idea I had. I see constant threads of people asking for kava reccomndations here and on reddit, trying to find out whats the best kava, or the strongest heady kava, or the best value, etc etc. However the answer always seems to change all the time. Since kava is a plant its on tly natural that kavalactone contents and the quality of different cultivars are going to change from harvest to harvest or even between two bags maybe. I was just wondering if maybe anyone had thought to try make an interactive kava chart where people could vote on different criteria on a live chart that updates regularly. In my head its sort of like a kava stock market with regular updates such as strength, heaviness, headdiness etc so people can get regular updates on kava quality. I realise people already leave reviews but it can sometimes be a pain having to read each independent reviews, that might not even be up to date or might not be a consensus. Where as having something where a kava needs consistent reviews to help it stay at the top of the charts otherwise it might start to deflate (sort of like a balloon that has a hole and needs constant airbeing blown in if that makes sense, if the kava reviews coming in arent as positive the rating would start to fall). I have no idea if this would be even possible, and this post is very stream of consciousness. Its just with kava being so expensive you kind of want to ensure you're getting the best for your money. I've been let down before purchasing some batches of kava that had old reviews saying it was incredible, only to then find more recent reviews saying the recent batch was kind of a weaker harvest and was a bit disappointing. So in theory a live checker would be a nice money saving device, but of course perhaps too awkward to put together, and would probably require a lot fo commitment from kava consumers.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hey everyone,

Just a little idea I had. I see constant threads of people asking for kava reccomndations here and on reddit, trying to find out whats the best kava, or the strongest heady kava, or the best value, etc etc. However the answer always seems to change all the time. Since kava is a plant its on tly natural that kavalactone contents and the quality of different cultivars are going to change from harvest to harvest or even between two bags maybe. I was just wondering if maybe anyone had thought to try make an interactive kava chart where people could vote on different criteria on a live chart that updates regularly. In my head its sort of like a kava stock market with regular updates such as strength, heaviness, headdiness etc so people can get regular updates on kava quality. I realise people already leave reviews but it can sometimes be a pain having to read each independent reviews, that might not even be up to date or might not be a consensus. Where as having something where a kava needs consistent reviews to help it stay at the top of the charts otherwise it might start to deflate (sort of like a balloon that has a hole and needs constant airbeing blown in if that makes sense, if the kava reviews coming in arent as positive the rating would start to fall). I have no idea if this would be even possible, and this post is very stream of consciousness. Its just with kava being so expensive you kind of want to ensure you're getting the best for your money. I've been let down before purchasing some batches of kava that had old reviews saying it was incredible, only to then find more recent reviews saying the recent batch was kind of a weaker harvest and was a bit disappointing. So in theory a live checker would be a nice money saving device, but of course perhaps too awkward to put together, and would probably require a lot fo commitment from kava consumers.
Anything is possible, but the review system works well. All the kavas from any given vendor are inside their folder. I am not sure what is hard about reading a few reviews to make a decision. It is hard enough to get people to write reviews, having them try to participate on sort of on going rating system would not work. The main problem to your suggestion is that not everyone gets the same effects from each kava.

We have a price list that Kapm put together and maintains it fairly updated, that is kind of the equivalent of what you are suggesting. We have all the resources for you to make an educated purchase, yes, it is up to you to do some research.