What's new

Powdered Kava Epik Kava - Kelai **NEW**

nakamalathome

Kava Vendor
Epik Kava - Kelai

This is a single Chemotype product. This Chemotype is called Kelai kava. Kelai kava is a noble drinking kava that is heavily favored for its mild taste, creamy texture and euphoric effects.

Grind- Fairly fine but not micronized. Epik Kava is an aggregated kava powder with particle sizes between 40-200 microns if you need nerdy specifics.

Yield- Yield is subjective based on end users preference, however, we recommend using 100-125g of Epik Kava root powder per gallon of water in your mix. You should easily be able to get 4 gallons (16 liters) or 128 four ounce servings of kava beverage from a 500g bag of Epik Kava root powder. If you are a skilled kava maker you can get as much as 5 gallons (20 liters) or 160 four ounce servings of kava from one 500g bag of Epik Kava root powder.

Origin- This kava was sourced on Epi island in the Republic of Vanuatu. Epi island is an island that is not commonly traveled to in Vanuatu. Most of the Kelai kava that has been grown on Epi island has been consumed on Epi. Very little has been exported elsewhere, until now. This is a true kava connoisseur grade kava.

Identity- Epik Kava root powder has been lab tested using high pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC) to establish it’s characteristics and taxonomic classification as Piper methysticum.

Strength- The strength of kava is quantitatively measured with kavalactone content. Epik Kava tests at approximately 5% kavalactone content regularly using HPLC testing.

Purity- This product has no added fillers and is 100% pure as proven by the microscopy lab results.

Composition- 100% dried noble kava root powder as proven by the microscopy lab results. Epik Kava powder is approximately 70% basal stump and 30% lateral root which is the approximate ratio it came out of the ground as.

Epik Kava root powder consistently meets our established specifications for Identity, Purity, Composition and has been manufactured, packaged, labeled in an FDA registered, cGMP compliant facility and held under secure conditions to prevent adulteration and is therefore a high quality product.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Wow Kelai and paralasul are becoming common strains for the US market. That’s kinda cool. Price is pretty high though.
Interesting that what is being offered lines up with what has been offered by the NZ kava society Palarasul, Kelai, Melo Melo, Birkar, and Borogu.....at the same time Henry steps down. It would explain the high price given the shipping costs for NZ have been traditionally pretty high.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Interesting that what is being offered lines up with what has been offered by the NZ kava society Palarasul, Kelai, Melo Melo, Birkar, and Borogu.....at the same time Henry steps down. It would explain the high price given the shipping costs for NZ have been traditionally pretty high.
Technically the EPIK line was released two weeks ago, but the N@H website was having trouble displaying it. I assure you that you'll be seeing more vendors start to pick up these single cultivars as time goes on. Pacific Santo Ldt also carries these strains.

Both Nakamal @ Home and Kava Society NZ source their Vanuatu kavas from the same processor/exporter in the country. Both this and ks cultivars sold in the white bags were processed in the same way so should be quite similar

Last edited:

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Technically the EPIK line was released two weeks ago, but the N@H website was having trouble displaying it. I assure you that you'll be seeing more vendors start to pick up these single cultivars as time goes on. Pacific Santo Ldt also carries these strains.

Both Nakamal @ Home and Kava Society NZ source their Vanuatu kavas from the same processor/exporter in the country. Both this and ks cultivars sold in the white bags were processed in the same way so should be quite similar
Good observations - I guess I shouldn't jump to conclusions from my little perch. I really know nothing about what the distribution and exporting business looks like on that side of the world. Or how consolidated it is. It just struck me as strange that a few cultivars that have only been sold by NZ are now more on the radar, but your explanation makes a lot more sense.