What's new

Exporting kave to UK is it possible during this COVID.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Just would like to ask if export Kava to UK is possible...
Most of the time it will get stopped by customs. The only way to get it in is to declare it as something else (which is illegal) and keep your parcels under 2 kg.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
I do wonder if the country of origin matters. Not a single package we have sent to the uk since 2011 from nz has ever been seized. Not even one. And all bags are labelled as kava with accurate value displayed on the package. So perhaps there is more scrutiny when packages come from the USA as the customs guys are looking for other substances etc?

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
I do wonder if the country of origin matters. Not a single package we have sent to the uk since 2011 from nz has ever been seized. Not even one. And all bags are labelled as kava with accurate value displayed on the package. So perhaps there is more scrutiny when packages come from the USA as the customs guys are looking for other substances etc?
That's a good question
I believe it plays a role how picky the couriers customs agents are. But its interesting that your company dont have issues with export kava to uk while edward does have a lot of issues.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
That's a good question
I believe it plays a role how picky the couriers customs agents are. But its interesting that your company dont have issues with export kava to uk while edward does have a lot of issues.
I've had a few parcels from @Henry with no problems too but they are always generally quite small packages. If you are trying to get multiple kilos into the country for resale then it starts to get difficult and expensive!

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Obviously the most secure and fastest option for the UK kava lovers (or rather: for those whose pets are kava lovers!) is ordering directly from @Edward . Even though ordering from NZ seems to be fairly risk-free, it surely isn't as fast and convenient as just ordering from within the UK.
Before Brexit I would also recommend Kava Europe (https://kavaeurope.eu) as another good option, but now that the customs controls and borders are back, it might be as tricky to order from the EU as ordering from America.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
OH WOW! I didn't know kava was illegal in the UK!
And most of Europe still. I don't think they'd arrest you if they came round your house and found it, like they'd know what it was, but if your parcel is identified at customs it will be seized and destroyed. Buy and drink as much alcohol as you like, smoke as many cigarettes as you like, fairly easily access some pretty horrible prescription drugs but don't drink any kava, it damages your liver!