What's new

Kava Culture Famous people drinking kava gallery

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Do you have pics of any other VIPs drinking kava?

1. John Paul II

vip1.jpg

2. Prince Charles
vip2.jpg

3. Elizabeth II
vip5.jpg

3. Clinton
vip3.jpg

4. Lavrov (Russia's Minister of Foreign Affairs)
vip4.jpg

5. John Key (NZ's PM)
vip7.jpg

6. Ban Ki-Moon (UN)
vip9.jpg

7. Wen Jiabao (China's PM)
vip8.jpg

8. Lyndon Johnson (US president)
vip6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
Kava's such a great way to spread the good vibes that it
almost doesn't surprise me something so highly respected and prized by nobility in the past would be something that continues to enchant them even today.;)

From the peasentry to nobility, tis' a gentlemans brew
indeed. :pompus:
cookies.png

But it's Friday and by the look of my avatar it's well past my time to get Monk'd. ::awesomesmiles::

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu

These days everybody wants to talk
like they're part of leadership
but nothing comes out when they move their lips
just a bunch of gibberish
I say "bulah!" to that
'cause they forgot about Philip

D

Deactivated Account

@nemo and yet kava remains quasi illegal in Australia! :(
If you could have walked through the aboriginal & Thursday Island communities when it was being abused at its height you agree with the ban....it was pretty bad. I actually agree with the ban as it did that much damage. I get by with enough if i want it & it also sets the sails for Vanuatu every few months.

Reactions: SiX

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
If you could have walked through the aboriginal & Thursday Island communities when it was being abused at its height you agree with the ban....it was pretty bad. I actually agree with the ban as it did that much damage. I get by with enough if i want it & it also sets the sails for Vanuatu every few months.
Hmm, but can we really blame kava for the terrible socio-economic and health situation in the aboriginal communities? Hasn't alcohol (still legal in Australia) done much more damage? Not to mention colonialism, exploitation, oppression, etc...

D

Deactivated Account

Hmm, but can we really blame kava for the terrible socio-economic and health situation in the aboriginal communities? Hasn't alcohol (still legal in Australia) done much more damage? Not to mention colonialism, exploitation, oppression, etc...
These communities have been completely alcohol free for many years. Kava was a loop hole (as well as condoned by the govt at the start) I dont expect anyone to understand it, i know i certainly wouldnt if i was looking in.

All that said...these communities are not alcohol or kava free anymore than a city is cocain free. The people become what we call 'long grassers' I know its not the kavas fault however we invaded these guys...we shot them & put strychnine in food & left it out to kill hundreds in one night inc women & children, we chased them on horseback over cliffs. We walked in here & took over & drove them off. Imagine that invasion in any 1st world country now, US,Canada,UK,France...nuclear war. We have to allow some healing in these communities & if that means i dont buy kava off the shelf then im ok with it.

I feel a complete ban was over doing though as why wasnt alcohol treated the same, no votes there if you take the red off middle classes australias table or can of beer at the footy. I honestly do not know what the answer is.