What's new

Favourite kava??

A

Adam

Hi everyone,
I'm new to kava and having recently found, bought and enjoyed some, I want to know what everybody's favourite is. I don't have much to compare to. My first batch was a pound of premium Fijian fon kulea farm and to be honest it blew my Tash off, so to speak. I've now just in the last half hour finished off some fu'u I received from BKH last week, this was a completely different experience but definatly very pleasant. Next ive got a kilo of melo melo on order. So what are the more experienced kava drinkers favourites. Appreciate any advice

Kristy

Kava Curious
Try the micronized kava from ghk. Gourmet Hawiian kava. I love the moi. And everyone I've tried! You don't have to need and strain.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I think the best Kava I have had so far would be Boroguru, by GHK. Great stuff. I also like the moi micronized too. Much love. Roaddog....

A

Adam

Try the micronized kava from ghk. Gourmet Hawiian kava. I love the moi. And everyone I've tried! You don't have to need and strain.
Thanks for the advice I'll look up the moi. I don't mind the kneading and straining realy but if it makes life easier and nice effects then it can only be a good thing

A

Adam

I think the best Kava I have had so far would be Boroguru, by GHK. Great stuff. I also like the moi micronized too. Much love. Roaddog....
ActuAly looked at the borogu before deciding on the melo melo.
Thanks

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Thanks road dog, I've been lurking for a few weeks now and decided to get in amongst it
Well cool. I think you will dig it. We are a small community, who share the same interest, Kava. Now some of us have our own ways of participating. Some of us like to joke around, while others are really into the science, behind kava. We all are very excepting of each other. Its just a matter, of finding your style. Just keep posting, and all that will come into play. Much love. Roaddog....

A

Adam

Well cool. I think you will dig it. We are a small community, who share the same interest, Kava. Now some of us have our own ways of participating. Some of us like to joke around, while others are really into the science, behind kava. We all are very excepting of each other. Its just a matter, of finding your style. Just keep posting, and all that will come into play. Much love. Roaddog....
No problem, im into a bit of the science of kava and happy to hear of the effects its had on others. its all pretty new to me but I know I'm gonna keep loving kava so I'm pleased I found this site!!!! Bula!!!

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hi everyone,
I'm new to kava and having recently found, bought and enjoyed some, I want to know what everybody's favourite is. I don't have much to compare to. My first batch was a pound of premium Fijian fon kulea farm and to be honest it blew my Tash off, so to speak. I've now just in the last half hour finished off some fu'u I received from BKH last week, this was a completely different experience but definatly very pleasant. Next ive got a kilo of melo melo on order. So what are the more experienced kava drinkers favourites. Appreciate any advice
My favorites at the moment are Nambawan from BKH, Stone from N@H, Shaman (Instant) from N@H, and Chocolate Flavored extract from Paradise Kava. I currently have 11 year old from BKH and some Mo'i micronized from GHK, but can't really recommend them because I haven't tried either enough to say for sure. The instant from BKH is pretty good, but I like the instant from N@H better. But I switch back and forth because both places temorarily run out of stock, so I get what I can when I can.

I'm putting this here but will copy to The Kavapedia Glossary:
BKH = Bula Kava House
N@H = Nakamal at Home
GHK = Gourmet Hawaiian Kava
Pardise = Paradise Kava (they also have another name but can't remember what it is)

btw WELCOME!!!
::hugsmiley::

If you haven't done so, you might want to check out the New to Kava Link and The Kavapedia

(p.s. @Roaddog ::shakefist2::)

A

Adam

My favorites at the moment are Nambawan from BKH, Stone from N@H, Shaman (Instant) from N@H, and Chocolate Flavored extract from Paradise Kava. I currently have 11 year old from BKH and some Mo'i micronized from GHK, but can't really recommend them because I haven't tried either enough to say for sure. The instant from BKH is pretty good, but I like the instant from N@H better. But I switch back and forth because both places temorarily run out of stock, so I get what I can when I can.

I'm putting this here but will copy to The Kavapedia Glossary:
BKH = Bula Kava House
N@H = Nakamal at Home
GHK = Gourmet Hawaiian Kava
Pardise = Paradise Kava (they also have another name but can't remember what it is)

btw WELCOME!!!
::hugsmiley::

If you haven't done so, you might want to check out the New to Kava Link and The Kavapedia

(p.s. @Roaddog ::shakefist2::)
Cheers for that.
Just gotta ask have any of you tried the premium fijiun from kulea kava farm? That was my first and was very strong and enjoyable. Kicked my head in after a couple of shells, first thing I noticed with that was how realy numb it made my mouth and my whole throat, can't say I've gotten that with the fu'u

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Cheers for that.
Just gotta ask have any of you tried the premium fijiun from kulea kava farm? That was my first and was very strong and enjoyable. Kicked my head in after a couple of shells, first thing I noticed with that was how realy numb it made my mouth and my whole throat, can't say I've gotten that with the fu'u
I haven't tried it personally, but if you liked it I would really like to see to add a review for it. Don't be shy or intimidated. It will help all of us make better buying decisions for their next kava.

A

Adam

I haven't tried it personally, but if you liked it I would really like to see to add a review for it. Don't be shy or intimidated. It will help all of us make better buying decisions for their next kava.
I don't think I could review it right now. I'm definatly going to buy some more. I'll wait untill the melo melo arrives and then order some, at least then I'll have a couple to compare it to as far as numbness, mental and physical effect. It was very strong and still does seem very strong after the fu'u but ill definatly wait and try it again before a review

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I don't think I could review it right now. I'm definatly going to buy some more. I'll wait untill the melo melo arrives and then order some, at least then I'll have a couple to compare it to as far as numbness, mental and physical effect. It was very strong and still does seem very strong after the fu'u but ill definatly wait and try it again before a review
No worries, but it will be great when you can. (y)

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Nice Avatar there @Adam . @HeadHodge , and I, and a few others have changed our avatar for the weekend, to our alter egos. So I am not usually Mr. Gobbles, but rather Mr. Skunk. You will see soon. Weekends about over. With the exceptin, of @Deleted User01 , his alter ego, bites. ::frosty::, but we have been working with him, Frosty the Zombie snow man, is his name. We have been trying to wean him off human flesh, and onto kava, Long story, but you will see that too, just keep hanging out. Much love. Roaddog....

D

Deleted User01

We got Frosty on a diet of very strong Tuday Kava. Will it hurt him, hell no, he's a Zombie. But it supresses his "culinary urges".

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
At this point, Stone from NAH. 2nd would be Boroguru from GHK. I'm just now trying some Wow and Nambawan, but since I've only had each of them one time, I can't decide on how good they are yet.

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
My favorites at the moment are Nambawan from BKH, Stone from N@H...

Headhodge, I just tried Nambawan a few days ago and just drank a shell of Wow a few minutes ago. Those 2 kavas are remarkably similar in color and grind, although the Wow has a slightly greener tint to it. But both of them taste a lot different than any other kavas that I've tried. They have a sort of green, almost minty flavor that lingers in your mouth, you know what I mean?

Last edited by a moderator: