What's new

Fiji

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I mean to say that your body will stop you from drinking too much Kava far far before you get to the point of a black-out or overdose. You will feel sick to your stomach. Getting to a good krunk level will be enough for you to feel satisfied. It is not like beer where you crave more and more crave. Maybe a few hours into a session with some friends you'll feel like brewing up a new batch. No big deal.

In "Getting Stoned With Savages," the effects of Kava are greatly exaggerated (or misrepresented, to choose a better word) by Troost. Sure, it's a book and he needs to paint it more vivid than it is. Kava should produce a mild, relaxing feeling that can sometimes verge on a "stoned" feeling. Numbness in your limbs, and an overall relaxed feeling should be the desired effect. If you are looking for a powerful intoxicant, this isn't the place.

Good stuff.  Thanks for the feedback. 

There was some video on youtube that was titled "too much kava" where some guy was videotaped kind of waking up in the driveway.  I have no idea of it's actually a guy who had been drinking kava, but that got me wondering if it was like alcohol in that respect. 

My first legit kava session was with this Fijian kava from Nakamal, and I would say I had the equivalent of four shells give or take, but I never noticed much of a stomach issue, which is amazing because I already have a bit of a bad stomach.