What's new

Fijian Waka Spiritual Awakening

Do you every feel 'empowered' or 'spiritually awake' from Fijian kava?

• Absoultely. Kava gives me the wings that RedBull didn't and opens up my mind's eye.

• Nah bruh. Kava just tastes like muddy water that gently relaxes me.

Results are only viewable after voting.

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I have had many great experiences with a variety of different kavas. I've learned that for me, the Hawaiian kavas are more 'fresh, fun, and energizing'. Tongans usually are my 'extroverted introvert' kava, and Vanuatuans are my 'muscle melting, couch-locker'. What I'm finding out however, is that Fijian kavas (especially good, strong waka) are very hard to defind in terms of specific effects. I'm not saying that I don't feel effects with them; I'm saying I have such strong experiences (almost spiritual in nature) that i really feel like I'm a new man afterwards with an epiphany and a new direction. I have been able to gain new insight and creative solutions to many problems I encounter and it has reminded me somewhat of when I was on a nootropics kick a few years back. I learned all kinds of new things and felt like I could study for hours on end and enjoy every minute of it as well.
This post is simply to sing the praises of Fijian Waka! There ain't nothing quite like it. I love every type of kava from every location, but Fijian seems to take me to a 'whole 'nother level'. It's like when Mario finds the star power in Super Mario Bros 3. That is what it is like. "Mario Vision" :)

Any of you ever felt 'empowered' after imbibing in some good old Fijian Waka root?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Always.

One thing I recommend is to try drinking it in varying strengths. Mild for all day drinking. Strong for an evening sesh. Sometimes I just even have it as a drink when I'm just thirsty. I find 2 TBS Dua Na Bilo Fijian Waka in an Aluball with 300 ml water and some ice to be a really great, frothy, refreshing light drink.

Another thing I like doing is taking the Best Fijian waka and lawena grinds and blending them in different proportions, depending on mood.

As for Taveuni's Secret, it's all about empowering and energizing. Very "up." Relaxed, of course, but up.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I have had many great experiences with a variety of different kavas. I've learned that for me, the Hawaiian kavas are more 'fresh, fun, and energizing'. Tongans usually are my 'extroverted introvert' kava, and Vanuatuans are my 'muscle melting, couch-locker'. What I'm finding out however, is that Fijian kavas (especially good, strong waka) are very hard to defind in terms of specific effects. I'm not saying that I don't feel effects with them; I'm saying I have such strong experiences (almost spiritual in nature) that i really feel like I'm a new man afterwards with an epiphany and a new direction. I have been able to gain new insight and creative solutions to many problems I encounter and it has reminded me somewhat of when I was on a nootropics kick a few years back. I learned all kinds of new things and felt like I could study for hours on end and enjoy every minute of it as well.
This post is simply to sing the praises of Fijian Waka! There ain't nothing quite like it. I love every type of kava from every location, but Fijian seems to take me to a 'whole 'nother level'. It's like when Mario finds the star power in Super Mario Bros 3. That is what it is like. "Mario Vision" :)

Any of you ever felt 'empowered' after imbibing in some good old Fijian Waka root?
I am drinking some Kava Time Kadavu right now that makes me feel the same way. Wonderful and potent Fijian waka.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I really didn't understand what was going on and @Mrbinx69 really helped me with that when kava woke me. The word woke seems so cheesy and the word of the day but I can't think of a better word for it. The most amazing things are the kava plant teacher dreams I have a few times a month. Correcting me or showing me different ways to look at things. And forging empathy in me.
And earlier this week it gave me a sense of melting from form into the Universe/Nothingness/Everything behind the scenes. I suck at meditating but without trying I went deeper than ever, almost like I felt I dissolved from physical from into a comfortable nothingness. No form just comfy nothingness.

Last edited:

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I'm going to have to get some Fijian kava again .

I think the alertness helps bring out presence more
Too strong of a heady or heavy can push the body in a certain direction .. this inhibits life energy rather than synergizing and nudging it .
I find this happens when I get krunk. It's wonderful but not the state of presence. It's deeper in the form of kava .

Last edited:

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
I gotta agree with this something about fijian kavas standout to me as extra "dreamy". I cannot quite explain the feeling but there is a feeling of oneness with the world on a deep yaqona session.
I like the way you put it. "dreamy" definitely describes what I was trying to explain with Fijian Kavas. It is very surreal at times.

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
I gotta agree with this something about fijian kavas standout to me as extra "dreamy". I cannot quite explain the feeling but there is a feeling of oneness with the world on a deep yaqona session.
And calling it 'yaquona' sounds more shamanic and mysterious in my mind. I met the witch doctor and this is what he said. He said, 'ooh ee ooh ah ah ting tang walla walla yaquona."

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
I'm going to have to get some Fijian kava again .

I think the alertness helps bring out presence more
Too strong of a heady or heavy can push the body in a certain director .. this inhibits life energy rather than synergizing and nudging it .
I find this happens when I get krunk. It's wonderful but not the state of presence. It's deeper in the form of kava .
Looking at some of your past posts, I can tell that you know what I mean by Fijian kava being different, and like you said 'deeper'. It would seem like we enjoy the same types and chemotypes, based on your reviews, etc. that I have seen on here. I think I'll raise a shell and imbibe and say 'bula' in your honor! I always like seeing what you post in the threads and usually you have very good points and a unique insight and can put into words the very things I seem to have such a hard time explaining. Thank you!

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
I don't know if it can be called "spiritual" technically, but a good Waka definitely makes me introspective. It often makes me want to speak in Spanish even to people who don't understand it lol and makes me long for my family and for the old days when everyone was still alive and we were together. It makes me reflect on what is most important in life and lights a fire under me to get more serious about simplifying things and to cultivate that which is most important.

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
I don't know if it can be called "spiritual" technically, but a good Waka definitely makes me introspective. It often makes me want to speak in Spanish even to people who don't understand it lol and makes me long for my family and for the old days when everyone was still alive and we were together. It makes me reflect on what is most important in life and lights a fire under me to get more serious about simplifying things and to cultivate that which is most important.
Yes. That makes sense. It helps me unwind and rewind. And renew my youthful optimism for the future. It's like a healthy 'brainwash' that clears the cobwebs.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Cuban accents are incomprehensible but they sound adorable.
Spanish from Spain is very hard to understand. I spent 2 weeks there many years ago and though fluent in Portuguese and mostly in Spanish, I could barely make out what everyone was saying to me. I believe the dialect was Castellano.