What's new

Finally, back in the grog of things!

Thuja

Kava Curious
Haven't been around a lot since first coming here, probably happens a lot eh? Make an account, ask a couple questions and leave to never be heard from again, anyhoo... Dealing with college stopping pain meds then K̶r̶a̶t̶o̶m̶-, but I finally got ahold of some BKH Nambawan and Borogu plus some fast shipped from amazon KWK Borogu because I couldn't wait for the BKH to arrive as I was dealing with mild WDs from the K̶r̶a̶t̶o̶m̶, from which I tapered down to 8 grams a day and finally just woke up one day last week and said to myself, " Self, enough is enough, there's got to be a better way," and dropped it like a 300lb bride just over the threshold! Hope to not use any pain meds/herbs anymore but the quality of care I receive from the VA is minimal at best and have been dealing with some serious pain issues for 2 years now with no help except pills! :sour: Wah! the Nambawan is really kickin in right now, nice muscle relaxation! Early this week I drank some of the KWK and felt little, this morning however was a different story by gods! Thankfully it was a short lived reverse tolerance issue, and now I am chillin in the zone and feel as if I will sleep well tonight! I was worried kava would not work for me as the Cactus Loa Lawena I had tried last made me feel like :sick: crap, (worst hangover I've ever had) for two days. Is it common for some kava to not treat you right? Anway it's great to be here and I hope you all are enjoying the weekend, Bula!

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Haven't been around a lot since first coming here, probably happens a lot eh? Make an account, ask a couple questions and leave to never be heard from again, anyhoo... Dealing with college stopping pain meds then K̶r̶a̶t̶o̶m̶-, but I finally got ahold of some BKH Nambawan and Borogu plus some fast shipped from amazon KWK Borogu because I couldn't wait for the BKH to arrive as I was dealing with mild WDs from the K̶r̶a̶t̶o̶m̶, from which I tapered down to 8 grams a day and finally just woke up one day last week and said to myself, " Self, enough is enough, there's got to be a better way," and dropped it like a 300lb bride just over the threshold! Hope to not use any pain meds/herbs anymore but the quality of care I receive from the VA is minimal at best and have been dealing with some serious pain issues for 2 years now with no help except pills! :sour: Wah! the Nambawan is really kickin in right now, nice muscle relaxation! Early this week I drank some of the KWK and felt little, this morning however was a different story by gods! Thankfully it was a short lived reverse tolerance issue, and now I am chillin in the zone and feel as if I will sleep well tonight! I was worried kava would not work for me as the Cactus Loa Lawena I had tried last made me feel like :sick: crap, (worst hangover I've ever had) for two days. Is it common for some kava to not treat you right? Anway it's great to be here and I hope you all are enjoying the weekend, Bula!
I don't have as much experience as others here. But I've felt hungover from some kavas but then just adjusted dose/frequency and been okay. So I am not sure I would necessarily blame it on the kava, itself.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I don't have as much experience as others here. But I've felt hungover from some kavas but then just adjusted dose/frequency and been okay. So I am not sure I would necessarily blame it on the kava, itself.
I agree! Some have more next day drag than others. Just adjust the dose most likely. Some of my friends hate the next day drag. It doesn’t bother me.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Ive had next day drag a coupl of times , always after 4 or more shells . The besuty of kava imfound was the old hair of the dog.
Half a shell in the morning and i was good to go. Try that with alcohol and its a mess .

Thuja

Kava Curious
I agree! Some have more next day drag than others. Just adjust the dose most likely. Some of my friends hate the next day drag. It doesn’t bother me.
Ugh, yes next day drag, feeling it now after imbibing way too much last night, but dang that Nambawan had me feeling great last night. Live and learn!

Zaphod

Kava Lover
The worst part of that next day drag is that coffee/caffeine doesn't touch it. It keeps me awake, but so far nothing cuts down that malaise and lethargy. Brutal trying to be at work and be productive. I stay far away from mixes that give me that next day feeling.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
Make sure you HYDRATE. Drink plenty of water (or whatever floats your boat, but NOT alcoholic beverages) before, during , and
after knocking back your shells. Makes a huge difference.

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
I always have a next day afterglow. Make sure you get atleast 8 hours of sleep or you will drag, I know I do. Also, maybe try a headier strain or a more balanced strain.

Thuja

Kava Curious
I always have a next day afterglow. Make sure you get atleast 8 hours of sleep or you will drag, I know I do. Also, maybe try a headier strain or a more balanced strain.
I think I had too much. I started early in the day with 4 tbsps of Borogu then another 2 in the afternoon followed by 3 of the Nambawan in the evening, I felt great!. All this while still feeling like crap from stopping K@ and very very little sleep that I thought the kava would help remedy, but it did not.

ThatDankK

Ah give it time, kava doesnt just magically cure addiction but it definitely aids the symptoms. Try taking a steam bath and drink alot of water so you can get the K@ out of your system quickly. Until it is, you will still experience the WD symptoms.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
The worst part of that next day drag is that coffee/caffeine doesn't touch it. It keeps me awake, but so far nothing cuts down that malaise and lethargy. Brutal trying to be at work and be productive. I stay far away from mixes that give me that next day feeling.
That makes perfect sense for particular jobs too. My job, it’s not such a problem, but I’m not don’t do highly detailed work. My work is more physical. :) A couple cups of coffee, some breakfast and moving around helps, but also I enjoy the next day feeling. It makes me slow down which I need.

ThatDankK

That makes perfect sense for particular jobs too. My job, it’s not such a problem, but I’m not don’t do highly detailed work. My work is more physical. :) A couple cups of coffee, some breakfast and moving around helps, but also I enjoy the next day feeling. It makes me slow down which I need.
It gives a sense of serene peace in my opinion, its like ahhhhh life cant get any better than this

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah; for me the worst part is this weird residual muscle relaxation that I especially feel in my abs. I hate it because it makes even the thought of exercise abhorrent. I notice it more with heavy kavas. On the other hand, if I drink (any) kava all day it seems impossible for me not to get dehydrated, no matter how much I try to hydrate.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Yeah; for me the worst part is this weird residual muscle relaxation that I especially feel in my abs. I hate it because it makes even the thought of exercise abhorrent. I notice it more with heavy kavas. On the other hand, if I drink (any) kava all day it seems impossible for me not to get dehydrated, no matter how much I try to hydrate.
Usually by 3-4 pm I can kick it enough and get myself motivated to workout. The early hours are brutal though. Right after lunch can be a real snoozer if I have to be in a long meeting. Unfortunately I don't have the option of sleeping in during the week.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
My job has very little physical - all mental. Sitting down in front of a computer screen and trying to be mentally productive after those heavy nights is brutal. On the plus side when you get the kava that is just right and knocks me out for a good 8 hours of sleep I can get up and kick ass all day long! Just a matter of finding the right one (and keeping the # of shells in check...)

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
I think I had too much. I started early in the day with 4 tbsps of Borogu then another 2 in the afternoon followed by 3 of the Nambawan in the evening, I felt great!. All this while still feeling like crap from stopping K@ and very very little sleep that I thought the kava would help remedy, but it did not.
Try some L-Theanine & CBD oil to help you get over the humpa humpa and beyond. Ozia Originals has some good CBD, and Liftmode has some good L-Theanine.

Thuja

Kava Curious
Try some L-Theanine & CBD oil to help you get over the humpa humpa and beyond. Ozia Originals has some good CBD, and Liftmode has some good L-Theanine.
Thanks for the advice, I've got both. L-Theanine helps if you don't use it everyday. CBD doesn't do a thing for me, I've tried Bluebird, Lazarus naturals, BLM buds and others. Complete waste of money in my opinion. Nonetheless I am now over the K-word after 10 days of blah, not nearly as bad as opioids but almost, almost! I made up a couple shells of Nambawan a couple hours ago and now feel like I could lay down and sleep finally, except it's still early. Damn time change!