What's new

First Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeCoolGuy

I ordered 250g of Malekula Magic. This shipped to Germany very quickly. Got it in 3 days.

The first night I made a class in cold water from 25g and then an hour later another 25g glass. I got some effect, but not as much as the last time I tried Kava (I bought some instant and some capsules like 5 years ago). I think I might be doing it wrong because even though I read a lot about preparation, I didn't get much effect. Maybe the cloth I'm using as a strainer is too narrow or I'm not patience enough. I think most likely is the reverse tolerance so I'm going to keep trying every day until it works.

Day two, I made the drink by using 25g in a blender instead of kneading. This time worked better but still not by much. Reverse tolerance again maybe. Later that day, I threw caution to the wind and made a glass with just 25g stirred into a glass and then drinking it root and all without straining. You guys must have very weak stomachs because I didn't think it tasted bad at all. I like the taste. But again, no real effects.

I'm going to limit my attempts to one 25g glass per day until this tolerance thing works itself out. I'm also going to keeping using the blender to mix it with water and milk and then drink the whole thing (no straining). I think this gets you the most kava particles so its more likely to work. Then later I'll try straining or overnight soaks.

However, tonight I also orders some candy and some kava instant from you. Maybe I'm just total shit at preparing this and the kava instant is the way for me. I think this is most likely. Looking forward to getting the instant! I'll also update this thread later this week with my future attempts.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
I am a seasoned kava drinker and I drink fairly strong kavas regularly (so no issues with reverse tolerance, etc), but I would never be satisfied with just 25g of powder. I normally use 50-100g (100 g for special occasions and usually when I want to share one or two shells with somebody else).

Try preparing 80g of powder in one go and then drink it all in one evening (not at the same time, take 15-30 minute breaks between full cups).

SomeCoolGuy

Ok! I was having a hard time figuring out how much to use in grams. Everything is in tablespoons or other weird measurements and I'm like... the heck do I with that information. I will try 80g tonight. Thanks.

I ordered 250g of Malekula Magic. This shipped to Germany very quickly. Got it in 3 days.

The first night I made a class in cold water from 25g and then an hour later another 25g glass. I got some effect, but not as much as the last time I tried Kava (I bought some instant and some capsules like 5 years ago). I think I might be doing it wrong because even though I read a lot about preparation, I didn't get much effect. Maybe the cloth I'm using as a strainer is too narrow or I'm not patience enough. I think most likely is the reverse tolerance so I'm going to keep trying every day until it works.

Day two, I made the drink by using 25g in a blender instead of kneading. This time worked better but still not by much. Reverse tolerance again maybe. Later that day, I threw caution to the wind and made a glass with just 25g stirred into a glass and then drinking it root and all without straining. You guys must have very weak stomachs because I didn't think it tasted bad at all. I like the taste. But again, no real effects.

I'm going to limit my attempts to one 25g glass per day until this tolerance thing works itself out. I'm also going to keeping using the blender to mix it with water and milk and then drink the whole thing (no straining). I think this gets you the most kava particles so its more likely to work. Then later I'll try straining or overnight soaks.

However, tonight I also orders some candy and some kava instant from you. Maybe I'm just total shit at preparing this and the kava instant is the way for me. I think this is most likely. Looking forward to getting the instant! I'll also update this thread later this week with my future attempts.

Hey mate,

Yeah Malekula doesn't taste so bad mixed in the blender but most other types of Kava will be tough to drink from the blender lol.

I would go for 40gms like Kapmcrunk says, it will be enough and you should probably be able to reuse the Kava the next day also. If I knead the Kava for 5 minutes I will keep the strainer bag and reuse the Kava the next day, if I strain for 10 minutes I will throw the Kava away afterwards. Oh crap you said you were using the blender so that information is useless. Malekula is really strong, you should get a nice effect, I think you are just using too little mate. Looking forward to hearing how you progress.

SomeCoolGuy

Two new reviews:

Kava Candy
This stuff is great! It really works and it tastes amazing. Top notch stuff. I might stick exclusively to this based on how well it works. Even taking 3 at a time, I think it's not much more expensive than the instant.

Instant Kava
I had better luck with this than with the root. That makes me think I was doing a really bad job before. I read a lot of stuff, but I didn't really enjoy the process of making it so I'm going to stick with candy and instant. How much do you normally use of the instant? I used 2 heaping teaspoons (just a literal teaspoon, I didn't weigh it).

Two new reviews:

Kava Candy
This stuff is great! It really works and it tastes amazing. Top notch stuff. I might stick exclusively to this based on how well it works. Even taking 3 at a time, I think it's not much more expensive than the instant.

Instant Kava
I had better luck with this than with the root. That makes me think I was doing a really bad job before. I read a lot of stuff, but I didn't really enjoy the process of making it so I'm going to stick with candy and instant. How much do you normally use of the instant? I used 2 heaping teaspoons (just a literal teaspoon, I didn't weigh it).
The same mate, I use two big heaped tablespoons full, sometimes it hits me really strong if I have not eaten any heavy foods that day and have exercised a little but other days it does very little for me.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Willkommen!
I would suggest to take your kava on an empty stomach as it is much more effective this way. 25-30g is a good dose for me, if my reverse tolerance is sufficiently low. I can see this getting better with time. Another thing i have noticed is, that kava effects me more in summer time. I'm not sure why that is, but something to to think about.

Kneeding Kava takes time and i can understand the lure of Instant. For me, it is a bit too expensive to be used regularly. It also lacks the bodily effects if that's what you are after. Kava Candy also contains good amounts of lemon balm, which makes up a good portion of its effects - something to keep in mind.

D

Deactivated Account

Ok! I was having a hard time figuring out how much to use in grams. Everything is in tablespoons or other weird measurements and I'm like... the heck do I with that information. I will try 80g tonight. Thanks.
I just fill a stocking till it's maybe 7" full & drop it in my jug of water & mix.

I keep kava simple....

Pink

Kava Curious
Hi SomeCoolGuy,same as you tried instant from GKE and malekula,while instant is easy and all effects differ from person to person,i can def say that making from root is a way to go,as numbing is so way more pronounced and also cost is something to keep in mind,but if you can afford instant,in bulk it aint such a bad deal when going for 500g-1k as this would last a good while.
Myself received some root of magic and instant today so didnt waste time and dropped full heap of 3tbs into about 300ml water and milk and effects came to me in minutes,thats sorta thing i missed about kava.

As for for taking it raw,tried it once with around 10g,and bloated feeling it gave me-felt like i had 10 double cheesburgers inside me,not really worth it,i can easily tolerate malekula magic and peppery taste,but raw powder dissolved in water is little to no effects for me.

and as pointed raw powder pperson is usually around 4-5 heapfull table spoons,and then knead-also milk does help,not sure does it improve strenght but taste and texture reminds me more of coffee or milkshake which aint bad at all.And as said keep it simple,before i went trough 500g in less then two weeks,with using up to 4-8 spoons,but process its prepared plays bigger role in way youll receive benefits from it.Also since reverse tolerance can take a while-i know i went trough it,and think still going,but it is definitely less then when i first started,since those 3tbps today worked like a charm,might do 2 spoons more before sleep after having good meal just now.

Ps i used instant today due to lack of time,so it might sound conffusing when i refer to taking isntant,while adding my experience from month ago with root.

Status
Not open for further replies.