What's new

First Time Advice

grulag

I received two instant kava's from GHK, awa nene and awa moi that I read was good for anxiety and some sleep. What time should I use this and how much?

Should I try one during the day to see how it goes? I am just starting out and read the faq, and some forum posts.

Thanks,

grulag

Sean D.

Kava Enthusiast
Welcome. Instant is a little weaker, but also concentrated. You could try a couple tablespoons per cup of water and see how you react. But you might need a couple cups like or a stronger ratio to get some effect. Maybe try it at night at first or on a day off. My 2 cents. Good luck.

R

Rookietwoshoes

Uh,... I would advise doing cups with instant. You should be fine with a tablespoon or two, max. Even at that rate you'll be going through it fairly quickly. I'd start out with 5 grams or around a teaspoon- 1/2 and wait 15 minutes. Then do it again (if necessary) until you're feeling like you're in a good place and then ... stop. Enjoy it. Start again when effects start fading.

Moi is a nice kava to start with, although both of your kavas work fabulously. I like to start with Moi and end with Nene as it's somewhat hypnotic and seems better suited for evening time. Hope that helps!

DirTJerz

Error 404
Yeah, nothing wrong with starting with a teaspoon at a time, every 20 min. until you feel good. Since you read the faq I'm guessing you know about reverse tolerance - how beginners often need to drink more at first to "get over the hump," and also that kava works best on an empty stomach.

Moi and Nene are two of my favorites. Moi is very heady and is often used earlier in the day, and nene is mild and great for sleep. I might suggest trying some moi before dinner when you have an empty stomach and can spend some time relaxing, or maybe some nene several hours after dinner. Let us know how it goes!

lilmisschris

Kava Curious
I just finished up a batch of Moi instant from GHK. The instants I have had from Chris were quite good... I like mixing it up with unsweetened coconut or cashew milk, 1 tsp of dark cocoa, bit of cinnamon (sometimes some cardamom and allspice) and drop or 2 of stevia, whipped up in the blender... makes a nice relaxing kavatail :)
For me, knowing I had some RT going on, I didn't want to waste kava trying to get somewhere I just wasn't going to get to, so I just enjoyed 1 tbsp each night. I found in my past kava experience that doing more only landed me with a tummy ache (root powder at the time), and I had to just pay my dues and give it time... one thing I have learned is that everyone is certainly different in regards to experience and tolerance. Good luck and enjoy!!

grulag

reporting back:
Nene instant: I drank a cup of water and two tablespoons an hour before sleep. This worked great, felt really relaxed, numbing effect on mouth and throat, slept really good. I have been using this every nite and works great.

Moi instant: I tried this on a Saturday afternoon after fasting (two tablespoons and a cup of water). wooooo, the heady feeling was really intense, and I was giddy, this stuff is amazing.

I ordered the micronized nene for nite time, Can I just "toss and wash" this? If I feel nausea, I can try the blender method, correct?

Also, is it best to just drink the cup down?