What's new

first time Waka Kava

HeyThere

Kava Curious
Just got my Kava. I have ordered some other kinds. This was from Amazon.
Measured 30g and used 120F. water, blended with a stick blender for a minute, then strained and kneaded the solid parts that remained in the strainer, and drank over ice cubes. Not horrible.

My mouth is a bit numb. It's been 15 minutes. Don't feel markedly different...we shall see.

D

Deactivated Account

15 min is way over due if its decent kava. I can tell good kava in 3-4 mins.

HeyThere

Kava Curious
ahh, well I feel quite a lot different now. Kind of stoned. I am contemplating trying some more just to see what happens. My hands seem to feel a bit heavy and things look kinda weird.

HeyThere

Kava Curious
I feel very distant from work...don't feel like working :)

Been taking blood pressure readings.

kinda high for me. 126/82, pulse 86...normally I'm more in the 110/70, pulse 56 or so...interesting!

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Ya, kava raises my blood pressure too. Sounds like your way on your way, to feeling Kava. Much Love Roaddog...,

D

Deleted User01

@HeyThere, you doing it the right way man. Dosing in intervals, checking your blood pressure, you are a textbox case of how a Newbie should approach Kava for the first time. I can't believe you got over Reverse Tolerance so fast. Had you been taking Kava before this? Like capsules?

D

Deactivated Account

@HeyThere you are a textbox case of how a Newbie should approach Kava for the first time.
....as opposed to myself whereas its all i can do not to run outside & bury it in the garden like a 240lb labrador for later on just in case someone else juuuust might decide to try it.

D

Deleted User01

I'm afraid you are right Nemo. When we show Newbies the Kava Instruction Video, there is a section that says, "Be This Guy ... Not That Guy". You are in the video, which guy do you thing you are? Of course they can be "that guy" once they get a handle on it and you can provide the necessary training. :LOL:

HeyThere

Kava Curious
No I never took it ever.

Felt nausea for extended period after. Feel an aversion to taking more. Suggestions? Thank you!

D

Deactivated Account

No I never took it ever.

Felt nausea for extended period after. Feel an aversion to taking more. Suggestions? Thank you!
Thats pretty much standard for me after 15 odd years.
Its no Hennessy XO Cognac. Welcome to the club.