What's new

Fitbit

Status
Not open for further replies.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I got a Fitbit. You know, one of those watch-like things that measures your heart rate and number of steps you take. It has some kind of motion sensors that can detect when you are walking. And guess what? Turns out shaking an AluBottle counts towards your daily exercise quota...

verticity

I'm interested in things
Oh hell yeah. But what I like best is how it records my sleep. Recently picked up a Blaze and it tells me light/deep/rem/awake through the night
Yes; I don't know how accurate the sleep stages are since it can't actually look at your brain waves, but it is pretty cool to look at the chart... I have the "Charge 2"...

And, of course, I assume your "hell yeah" refers to the Fitbit and not the Shake Weight...

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
Yes; I don't know how accurate the sleep stages are since it can't actually look at your brain waves, but it is pretty cool to look at the chart... I have the "Charge 2"...

And, of course, I assume your "hell yeah" refers to the Fitbit and not the Shake Weight...
What are your thoughts on the Fitbit's accuracy? Every month there seems to be a news article either supporting it or completely against it.

verticity

I'm interested in things
What are your thoughts on the Fitbit's accuracy? Every month there seems to be a news article either supporting it or completely against it.
Well, the fact that it thinks I'm walking when I'm shaking the AluBottle would suggest it is not 100% accurate. But I don't need 100% accuracy for my purposes, I just need a ballpark estimate of how much exercise I'm getting and how my sleep is, etc., so I know if I'm not getting enough of either, and it works well for that.

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
Well, the fact that it thinks I'm walking when I'm shaking the AluBottle would suggest it is not 100% accurate. But I don't need 100% accuracy for my purposes, I just need a ballpark estimate of how much exercise I'm getting and how my sleep is, etc., so I know if I'm not getting enough of either, and it works well for that.
good point, the sleep stuff sounds really interesting may check that out

poolguy_cu

Kava Curious
I have been using a fitbit since March to help me lose some weight. I had already lost about 15 pounds before I purchased it but couldn't lose anymore. Using the step counter and the fitbit app's calorie counter I've lost another 20lbs. By the way, the fitbit app is free for anyone to use even without owning a fitbit. So you can use it to count calories without worrying about steps or sleep. It is amazing what I actually was eating versus what I thought my calorie count was. Huge difference!! All that being said, I don't wear the wrist band. I use the clip on style and clip it inside my pant pocket.........so shaking the aluball shaker unfortunately won't work for extra steps for me!!:(

verticity

I'm interested in things
I have been using a fitbit since March to help me lose some weight. I had already lost about 15 pounds before I purchased it but couldn't lose anymore. Using the step counter and the fitbit app's calorie counter I've lost another 20lbs. By the way, the fitbit app is free for anyone to use even without owning a fitbit. So you can use it to count calories without worrying about steps or sleep. It is amazing what I actually was eating versus what I thought my calorie count was. Huge difference!! All that being said, I don't wear the wrist band. I use the clip on style and clip it inside my pant pocket.........so shaking the aluball shaker unfortunately won't work for extra steps for me!!:(
You could strap the AluBottle to your waist and do the Hula...

Odourman

Skål from Sweden!
Fitbit is not a good name in Swedish. Sounds very kinky. Once they tried to sell a product named fitjuice here.

Bit = piece
Fit sounds like the Swedish word for the female genitalia.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Fitbit is not a good name in Swedish. Sounds very kinky. Once they tried to sell a product named fitjuice here.

Bit = piece
Fit sounds like the Swedish word for the female genitalia.
Oh my. Today I learned...
So when you hear an English idiom like "Try to fit my mind around that.." that must have some interesting connotations..

verticity

I'm interested in things
I got my new AluBottle recently. The capacity is more than 1 liter, I think. This thing is huge. So I tried the following experiment. Instead of using an AluBall, I took a Fijian style strainer bag, from the late Luna Kava. This is a colorful cloth bag made from some kind of fine fabric, of the type that might be called kalico in Bislama. I place 1/2 cup of Kadavu Waka in the bag and tied it off with Montana grown dental floss, added 750 mL of water, and shook for about 10 minutes.

The thing is, 750 mL of water is really heavy, 1.65 pounds to be exact, plus the weight of the alubottle itself probably adds up to about 1 kg, so I actually feel like I got a little workout after shaking this thing. My resting pulse is about 60, but after shaking a fully loaded AluBottle for 2 minutes, my pulse had shot up to about 80-90.

I also felt like the Jolly Green Giant's fluffer, which was a little weird...

Anyway, aside from elevating my pulse and arousing some awkward feelings, the resulting grog is quite potent, so I'm calling this experiment a success...

Last edited:

poolguy_cu

Kava Curious
I love the new AluBottle! It is way quieter which makes having a conversation easier. The result is great too, for me. Making nearly a liter is nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.