What's new

Flavored coffee creamer

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
So I've tried mixing in flavored coffee creamer with my grog, since the taste was really getting to me. Not only does it help the bad taste TREMENDOUSLY, it adds fat so I feel the effects faster. My favorite has been pumpkin spice, seems to actually go well with the kava. I really cant believe how much this has helped.

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
So I've tried mixing in flavored coffee creamer with my grog, since the taste was really getting to me. Not only does it help the bad taste TREMENDOUSLY, it adds fat so I feel the effects faster. My favorite has been pumpkin spice, seems to actually go well with the kava. I really cant believe how much this has helped.
PROTIP: EGG NOG AS A CHASER.

Using coffee creamer in your grog is an interesting idea, actually. I'll have to try that one out. One of my good buddies throws in a ridiculous amount of chocolate syrup and it's surprisingly not bad. My problem with any of these ideas is my daily kava consumption will now count against my daily caloric intake :)

@Squanch72 is among the most genius of kava drinkers. His V8 Splash + Creamer is easily the tastiest of kava drinks in my opinion. Instead of using water to mix your grog, use some V8 Splash, add some (a dash, a cup, or 8 cups if you're feeling frisky) cream, and throw your kava strainer in there and get to work. Really, really tasty.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Yup, tried this a few weeks ago with a microgrind while at a location without access to my usuall juice or real cold water. The french vanilla was pretty darn tasty. I still slugged it down quickly but it certainly helped!

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
Glad for you guys, but IMHO, kava tastes like mud, wood, pine needles, lysterine and dish water.

Adding coffee creamer makes it taste like mud, wood, pine needles, lysterine, dish water, and coffee creamer.

I really envy the folks who can mask/alter the taste enough to almost enjoy it. No matter what I've tried, I just can't stand mixing anything with kava.
*shudder*. I just don't breathe when skulling a shell, until after I can chase it with some water.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I drink plain kava, I like the taste...Not so much a little over a year ago when I started drinking it. It's an acquired taste, you shoot enough of it down, daily and it starts to taste really good.

Reactions: EQ

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Been drinking it since 2001. Still don't like it. :wtf:

Actually, if I make it weak enough, and it's Fijian, I kind of like it. But, then I don't get enough effects.
So, I just make it strong, skull, man up, and walk it off.
I may have to do that when i receive BKH's new blend...anyday now :)

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
I've had a few shells of TKR Tongan reserve and needed something like this!
I drank milk first off as it seems to line your throat and then chugged about 250ml of the tongan reserve which tasted like Whiskey!
That's great, as long as you like whiskey.......

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
See, at first I could take it. But I have less and less tolerance for the taste the more I consume. It probably doesnt help I use single layer nylons to make my grog and I drink the sediment to get more effect. I dont drink it for a subtle feeling. I like to get pretty krunked.