What's new

For the Record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Okay everyone, the link @Kapmcrunk posted is the one I'm referencing. There is an answer to a question posed by the OP.

@kavamehameha Oh, I knew exactly what @Crunked meant. The idiom wasn't lost on me. In fact, it was quite appropriate for what I was getting at in the original post. The poster making false claims was none other than the vendor many people were quite quick to defend when he was questioned on this forum. I was hoping the same standards would apply, and others would be just as quick to chastise and defend the appropriate parties in this case.

I bring this up eight months later because the post was recently linked to on this forum by another member and I knew people were seeing it. I didn't address it eight months ago on reddit because I didn't know it was there. I'm not very active on that platform.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@Bula Kava House That makes sense as to why you posted about it now. Thank you for the clarification.
You have to understand that if you replaced every instance of "GHK" with BKH in the recent onslaught of accusations we'd be just as hot about it.

You're not an insignificant player and your words absolutely matter. If someone were attacking you in a way that was blatant and highly visible, you bet your ass we'd be there for you.

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
@Krunʞy is right, these discussions are counter-productive and are about to become childish.

Just a last comment on this.

@Bula Kava House : Now I understand what you mean, but what I still don't understand: Why are you starting a thread in which you complain about a comment which was made many months ago, but you do not provide a link to this specific post? Put differently, why are you talking about a matter you aren't even properly citing? Sorry, with all due respect, but this is weird. It does not allow the participants of this thread to discuss in an objective way, because not all informations are given. So what was your intent to open this thread?

By the way, I don't want to play down this issue. As @Kapmcrunk says, if someone were attacking you in a serious way, we're all here for you. But that doesn't seem to be the case here, and as a vendor and kava expert (yes, I think you are one) you should stand above all this.

Last edited:

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
@Krunʞy is right, these discussions are counter-productive and are about to become childish.

Just a last comment on this.

@Bula Kava House : Now I understand what you mean, but what I still don't understand: Why are you starting a thread in which you complain about a comment which was made many months ago, but you do not provide a link to this specific post? Put differently, why are you talking about a matter you aren't even properly citing? Sorry, with all due respect, but this is weird. It does not allow the participants of this thread to discuss in an objective way, because not all informations are given. So what was your intent to open this thread?

By the way, I don't want to play down this issue. As @Kapmcrunk says, if someone were attacking you in a serious way, we're all here for you. But that doesn't seem to be the case here, and as a vendor and kava expert (yes, I think you are one) you should stand above all this.

Kapm posted it earlier.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Precisely, that's what I meant. Kapm posted it. Not you.
Yeah, it was such garbage, I didn't see the point in reposting it. @Señor Chuggs posted it. If members saw it, I wanted to defend myself. If members didn't see it, great! I wasn't about to point it out again. I gave a summary of the major items I took issue with and I think that was sufficient.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
@Bula Kava House That makes sense as to why you posted about it now. Thank you for the clarification.
You have to understand that if you replaced every instance of "GHK" with BKH in the recent onslaught of accusations we'd be just as hot about it.

You're not an insignificant player and your words absolutely matter. If someone were attacking you in a way that was blatant and highly visible, you bet your ass we'd be there for you.
I bet my ass that a few of you would be there for me.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Really? It doesn't seem that someone was attacking me in a serious way? Did you read the post? I know it was on a different forum, and it was a few months ago, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. If members have a problem with the way other vendors have been treated on this forum, this reddit post should illicit a similar feeling. At the very least, you should see situations like this as a piece of the puzzle that sets the tone on this forum. If not though, it's all good. I'm a big boy. I just thought it was worth pointing out.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Locking this thread before it gets out of hand. You've made your case and we see what happened. In our defense it was literally my first time seeing the Reddit post too as of when Chuggs reposted it. I can't remove the post, or edit it, or do anything about it at this point, so if you need to go further you'll have to go directly to the mods at reddit and r/kava, or to Chris himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.