What's new

I Love Kava Friday Friday the 13th!

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Kavvaseur, why did you move from San Diego?
Well, I've lived all over the place for the past 15 or 16 years. Lived in San Francisco for a year, two years in Santa Barbara (heaven on earth), six years in Ghana, two years in Ethiopia, a year in South Sudan, back in San Diego, and then Lancaster, CA for a spell. I moved to Baltimore because I was offered a great job at Catholic Relief Services headquarters heading up agriculture and food assistance programs for eastern and southern Africa.

tribal1209

Kava Enthusiast
You should hook it up phatty with a job my ffriend. I speak spanish, have my BA, and can hold my breath for 1 min.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Did you ever consider Peace Corps? It takes awhile to apply, do all the interviews, and actually start, but it's probably the greatest experience a person can have in this world. I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Ghana from 2005-2007 and it changed my life in the most fundamental ways. You'd be surprised how much you grow when thrown into a rural, tiny village with some local companions to work with and a vision as limitless as the ends of the universe.

D

Deleted User01

Kavvaseur, why did you move from San Diego?
Too much anxiety caused by the San Diego Chargers is my guess. Scatch that off the list of potential anxiety causing items.

Love that story about the 6.66. You should have charged her 20 bucks to remove the 'hex'. Ya know, do that voodoo that you do.:D Contemplate this, is Friday the 13th unlucky for everyone in the world, or just those who think about it? Everyday there are both winners and losers and I'm sure the winners are happy today. The losers are rubbing their lucky rabbits foot. Yeah, there are a lot of 3 legged Rabbits on Friday the 13th and they are totally unlucky. :sneaky:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Did you ever consider Peace Corps? It takes awhile to apply, do all the interviews, and actually start, but it's probably the greatest experience a person can have in this world. I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Ghana from 2005-2007 and it changed my life in the most fundamental ways. You'd be surprised how much you grow when thrown into a rural, tiny village with some local companions to work with and a vision as limitless as the ends of the universe.
In another life that would have been good for me, the mentality can still be applied day to day, in smaller ways.

tribal1209

Kava Enthusiast
I can not imagine being alive for 60 more years. That would mean my life is only 1/3 over! Life is short my ass.

Reactions: EQ

Kava_Joe

Kava Curious
Since the Chargers were brought up, I live in the San Diego area. Those Flippin Chargers........ That's a tough one. I saw my 1st Charger game in 1962 and have followed them ever since. We all knew they were going to leave. Spanos is hated here. I try not to hate anyone, but of most my friends do. For me Reason #123 to drink Kava.