What's new

Powdered Kava Review Fu'u Kava

BillB

Kava Curious
Background: The only Kava I have had prior to this experience was a Kona Kava 55% kavalactone paste. I got slight effects from the paste after about a month of use.

Experience: Prepared my grog, then put a cups worth in a coconut shell with some ice and gulped down half, took a bite of a saltine crackers as a chaser. After about 30 sec I gulped the rest. In 15 min I started feeling it. I another 5min I drank another half cup worth. After a total of 4 shells I can say I was really krunk. I'm not sure if I am just sensitive to the stuff but I was DEFINITELY krunk. Music sounded really good, slight muscle relaxant, but it is really hard to describe the rest probably because I've never had "real" Kava to compare it to. Overall great experience.

Edit: I forgot to say I still have good lingering effects today and only one shell had a cup worth and the rest were all a little bit more than half a cup(or something close to this).

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Right on! Thanks for trying it. The Fu'u is great. We had it when we first opened and it was super popular, then all of the sudden the supplier basically disappeared. This Fu'u is from a different supplier, but I think it may be better.