What's new

Kava Recipe get stronger effects and less nausea

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Yes @Henry , I gave it a try, minus the cumin. I just don't care for that spice. Anyhow, It really did help kick the kava in. I sware, it does seem to potentiate, in some way. I am curios, why. I am amazed, how it turned my normal 7 scoops, into a full blown crunk. Thanks for the advice. I may add this to my list. Depending, on what it all feels like coming out the other end. I got to watch that with kava. LOL. Much love Roaddog...

Wigman

Kava Enthusiast
Following some of the posts here about the benefits of using cinnamon and cardamom to chase away the kava taste a few weeks ago I decided to...
I tried a very similar mix of spices in a grog a few weeks ago, sort of like chai kava. It was great!

("Great" is being used in a comparitive sense here, as I would not be happy if I ordered a chai tea at a restaurant and received something that tasted like what I made. Although, if it had kava in it, I'd be happily surprised.)

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
I tried a very similar mix of spices in a grog a few weeks ago, sort of like chai kava. It was great!

("Great" is being used in a comparitive sense here, as I would not be happy if I ordered a chai tea at a restaurant and received something that tasted like what I made. Although, if it had kava in it, I'd be happily surprised.)
Yep, but next time try to make some hot, herbal tea. The heat seems to be of crucial importance when it comes to getting stronger effects!

Wigman

Kava Enthusiast
Yep, but next time try to make some hot, herbal tea. The heat seems to be of crucial importance when it comes to getting stronger effects!
I actually think that was why I added the spices in the first place. I tried my hand at making a hot grog and the mouthfeel was atrocious, so I covered it up. So, so, so slimy.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
I actually think that was why I added the spices in the first place. I tried my hand at making a hot grog and the mouthfeel was atrocious, so I covered it up. So, so, so slimy.
Yes, hot kava tastes even worse than regular kava. But drinking hot herbal tea after kava kills the bad taste, gives you stronger effects and decreases the risk of nausea/stomach upsets. So many benefits for just a few cents!

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Henry, do you drink the tea after each shell...or drink several shells and then power down some hot tea after ?

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Henry, do you drink the tea after each shell...or drink several shells and then power down some hot tea after ?
A few small sips after each shell to get rid of the bad taste and prevent nausea. Once I am done with all the kava I just continue drinking the tea.

I usually drink around 500ml of tea per session. No bloating, no nausea and really nice effects.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Your recipe sounds amazing. I'm two shells in and not feeling motivated enough to combine things into other things, but I did fire up a cup of this:

https://www.yogiproducts.com/teas/egyptian-licorice/

Not the same, but some of the same ingredients. I find this to be stomach-soothing:
  • Licorice Root
  • Cinnamon Bark
  • Orange Peel
  • Ginger Root
  • Cardamom Seed
  • Black Pepper
  • Clove Bud
And they sell it at the local grocery.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I don't know if it sustained the kava effects, but it definitely made for a nice soft landing in bed and I slept like a baby.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
chai.png

I buy this tea. I think it costs $2 or $3 USD. I usually add some of the other spices. From my experience, fennel seeds and ginger are crucial for those who want to avoid getting nausea, bloating, gas..