What's new

GHK Micro Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Intense

Kava Enthusiast
My next stop in the GHK gift pack is the Mapulehu - Micronized. Is the micronized intended to be consumed as a toss n wash or screened?

2Intense

Kava Enthusiast
I did a little research and answered my own question. It seems the thought behind micronized is it provides the "convenience of instant and the potency of dried root". The consistency is close to that of flour and would pass through most strainers anyway. I combined 3tbs / 24 oz of water (shaked not stirred) - consumed over 2 1/2 hrs. It provided a very nice result with more "staying" power than the Hawaiian strains are getting credit for having. Well done GHK!

D

Deleted User01

Toss and wash. You can do the low cal Club Soda with lime and ice. Be careful with the Mapulehu. It is a little bit more sedating than I need during the day. I'm going to give it run this weekend to see just how sedating it cam be. :D

2Intense

Kava Enthusiast
I know what you mean about Mapulehu, I'm still feeling it a little bit today and I took it easy! My plan for the afternoon is to take 1 1/2 tbs, some Stewart's Orange and cream soda, heavy cream and ice - throw it all in the Vitamix and make the magic happen! It's not low cal be I expect good things!

D

Deleted User01

2Intense. You gotta post the recipe and give us your taste notes. Dem is the rules. Also, let us know if the Mapulehu makes you sleepy. I like that one when I'm climbing the walls but otherwise it makes me sluggish and sleepy. Might be good for winding down a Friday afternoon.

2Intense

Kava Enthusiast
The recipe is not my original - inspired by Orange Cream Koctail - Three Kavateers. Thanks

Big Orange Crush
12 oz of Stewart's Orange Cream Soda
1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup of ice
1 1/2 tbs of GHK micronized Mapulehu

Orange Crush.jpg

D

Deleted User01

"T for Texas, T for Tennessee, T for Thelma, the gal that made a wreck of me." Tompall Glaser or Waylon Jennings.
Now that there is a sippin' drink. Sit down, start sipping, and hope you can get up when it's done. Violet has been telling me that she thought the orange cream would be good and you proved it. That's an impressive amount of Micronized you got there. I swear your Kitchen looks just like mine. Vitamix and all.

2Intense

Kava Enthusiast
You know Deleted User01, for the most part, I avoid sodas, but it turned out to be a very tasty beverage .:hungry: I'm more of an arabica bean man! The Mapulehu brings on the relaxation in a very nice way if you take it easy. My first experiment with it involved 3 tbs in plain water and that was little too much.:hilarious: 2tbs just about right.:happy:

How about a suggestion for a different beverage this afternoon using the micro or I also have some Papa Kea (med grind).

D

Deleted User01

I hear ya, if I'm gonna poison myself, I prefer Coffee or alcohol to Soda Pop. Have you checked out the recipes for Iced Coffee? You should only do Iced coffee with Kavain type Kavas. Make extra coffee in the morning. Put some condensed milk in it while it is hot. Optionally, add cocoa powder or chocolate syrup. Mix it well while it is hot. Maybe let it boil down a bit for concentration. Put in the fridge. In the afternoon, pour some coffee, add instant/micronized, stir, and add ice. Keep a spoon nearby because you always have to stir Kava drinks.
Another idea that works, add the instant to a bit of warm milk to mix it well. Then add the cold coffee and ice. Some say the milk will help with absorption. I drink my coffee black in the morning but if you are going to add ice, then you can add anything else you please.

Status
Not open for further replies.