What's new

GHK -still on maintenance mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
If you're in a hurry, I'd just try sending him an email asking if there is some way you could place an order that way.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I don't know what's up with his site. TK as a group wasn't involved in the shenanigans, just an FYI. Those stickers mean the same thing they always have.
Yea. I don’t know what’s going on - other than what I’ve read on a few posts. To be honest right now all I want is peace, calm and kava! I’m getting in touch with Chris.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi everyone, I am sorry but I closed my website for a while. I am going on a vacation. If anyone needs to order some kava, please send me an email at [email protected]. My brother will fill the order and I will send you an invoice later. I trust all of my loyal customers to wait to pay until I get back. Please let me know if any of you have any questions. Aloha nui loa.

Chris

yardcat

Kava Lightweight
I ordered Saturday on website and got PayPal confirmation but no word since. Tried emailing yesterday but got no response. I’m afraid my order fell through the cracks somehow?

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I find this quite odd. Other vendors, who are small and take vacations (not knocking any of them) will usually post a small note to the forums that they are not taking orders for a few weeks and will return on a particular date. Adding that note to the website is also recommended, and just shut off the ordering process. I don't think putting your whole website on maintenance mode is the best approach. Just my opinion.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I assume he has to go on a tour of Fiji, Vanuatu, New Britain, etc, and buy all that $20/kg cheap rotgut root to bring back to Hawaii and stick in his KavaTransmogrifier that turns it into exquisite $60/lb fake awa that tastes and feels just like awa. I don't know how he does it and frankly I don't care, it's a miracle.

It's all about the root, that's what we don't want to forget. Keep your eye on the birdie. Is it good root? That's all that matters. He sells good root at a fair, evidenced by people's willingness to pay, and complaints when they are temporarily unable to enjoy that privilege, price. Sure he's a little weird but ain't none of use here a poster child for normal. We're all Bozos on this bus.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I ordered Saturday on website and got PayPal confirmation but no word since. Tried emailing yesterday but got no response. I’m afraid my order fell through the cracks somehow?
According to my email inbox, I placed my order on Saturday, the shipping label was created Sunday, and it was at the post-office on Monday. But looking at current USPS tracking, something is different; 'cause it seems to being going through 4 plus towns before leaving HI, whereas previously I only remember it going thru a couple towns before leaving HI.

I find this quite odd. Other vendors, who are small and take vacations (not knocking any of them) will usually post a small note to the forums that they are not taking orders for a few weeks and will return on a particular date. Adding that note to the website is also recommended, and just shut off the ordering process. I don't think putting your whole website on maintenance mode is the best approach. Just my opinion.
I agree that it isn't the smoothest way to go about it. But there could also be various kinds of "vacations." People deserve some privacy. For example, (and only for example: purely hypothetical), a family emergency (sickness, funeral etc) could require someone to take a "vacation," without providing a clear return-date.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I assume he has to go on a tour of Fiji, Vanuatu, New Britain, etc, and buy all that $20/kg cheap rotgut root to bring back to Hawaii and stick in his KavaTransmogrifier that turns it into exquisite $60/lb fake awa that tastes and feels just like awa. I don't know how he does it and frankly I don't care, it's a miracle.

It's all about the root, that's what we don't want to forget. Keep your eye on the birdie. Is it good root? That's all that matters. He sells good root at a fair, evidenced by people's willingness to pay, and complaints when they are temporarily unable to enjoy that privilege, price. Sure he's a little weird but ain't none of use here a poster child for normal. We're all Bozos on this bus.
I don't disagree @Krunkie McKrunkface it was just more of a future suggestion. No biggie. Being a small business is tough no matter what, and Chris provided a way to keep up orders if you really need it. Keeping us kava hounds happy is more than a full time job.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
You've been at this kava thing for a very considerable amount of time. You deserve a break. I hope your vacation is perfect.

Take pictures for us, Chris. Show us how amazing a place is that a person who lives in one of the most beautiful places on earth goes to visit for vacation :) (no tongue-in-cheek there, I'm serious. I've always wondered where people who live in Hawaii go for vacation)

Status
Not open for further replies.