What's new

Girl surprised me again

Lycosritter

Kava Curious
So my b day is comming up and my girl bless her heart decided to buy me a 1/2 pound of micro nambawon this will be my first micro experience can I use aluball with it or I have a very fine I believe 100 micron strainer will it go through it cause I don't know that I want ingest root powder I have used kava for years but always medium grind and until recently with a strainer bag new to aluball but never micro just wondering

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
Micro doesn't need straining whatsoever. It can be used like instant. Put it directly into your favorite (non-alcoholic, non-carbonated) beverage, stir it up and you're good to go.

Happy birthday!

Last edited:

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
I don't know what you mean by "keep the root out", and I honestly don't know how the result is if you use the AluBall. But why would you want to do that? Micronized kava is supposed to be taken unstrained. If you find out that your stomach doesn't tolerate micro well (for some people that might be the case), then medium grind might be a better fit. I suggest you just give it a try and start out with a small amount (1-2 teaspoons) before taking more.

For sure you might also try to strain that stuff... But then a nylon strainer bag is probably better than the AluBall. I could imagine that the fine ground micro clogs up the ball's mesh.

Last edited:

Zaphod

Kava Lover
So my b day is comming up and my girl bless her heart decided to buy me a 1/2 pound of micro nambawon this will be my first micro experience can I use aluball with it or I have a very fine I believe 100 micron strainer will it go through it cause I don't know that I want ingest root powder I have used kava for years but always medium grind and until recently with a strainer bag new to aluball but never micro just wondering
First, and foremost - if you are not already ask that girl to marry you. Second, microgrind is made to not be strained in any mannter (aluball or bag). It is made to just mix straight in water and chug away.

The Good Rev

Kava Curious
The Kavafied guy has a video about his recommendation that micro be filtered still, as some medium sized pieces still tend to be there - albeit a small amount. He says instant has no need, but recommends it with micro. My stomach gets easily upset, so if I buy micro again I'd probably throw it in the aluball at least the first few shells to see how it looks.

"https://www.youtube.com/embed/_Lwgi7elF6Y"

Edited to add video.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah you can just strain it through a 100 micron filter or something and that will get the bigger particles and leave the smaller.

You could also do the aluball and then save the remnants for when your really in need lol