What's new

Got an aluball...

marfodub

Here, now.
Do you find the alu ball to have the same potency/effects as traditional prep?
I find it to be slightly less potent than traditional. But the convenience and ability to just load up a new ball to get where you want is worth it. I use 2 balls at once and have seen people that even use 3.

Adam44

Kava Curious
I find it to be slightly less potent than traditional. But the convenience and ability to just load up a new ball to get where you want is worth it. I use 2 balls at once and have seen people that even use 3.
It only comes with one ball, right? How much can you fit in one ball?

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I would advise against using 3 tablespoons to one AluBall. You're not going to get the water moving through the Kava, but around it. Use about 2 tablespoons, or 1 1/2 tablespoons in two AluBalls if possible.

Pat-Attack

Kava Curious
The first wash won't be as potent as traditional, but I can usually get an effective shell out of even the 4th or 5th wash with an aluball. but I also use less water than normal and make like a shot of kava"spresso"

Noah

Kava Curious
The first wash won't be as potent as traditional, but I can usually get an effective shell out of even the 4th or 5th wash with an aluball. but I also use less water than normal and make like a shot of kava"spresso"
This is my method also.
I would advise against using 3 tablespoons to one AluBall. You're not going to get the water moving through the Kava, but around it. Use about 2 tablespoons, or 1 1/2 tablespoons in two AluBalls if possible.
Great point! You need to leave room for water to saturate the material inside the ball! I can usually comfortably fit 2 tbsp in the lower half of the ball.