What's new

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi everyone, I am Chris, owner of Gourmet Hawaiian Kava, I have been dealing with 'Awa (Kava) for a very long time, I have been growing 'Awa for many years and have supplied herb companies and researchers with top quality 'Awa. I am also the President of the Hawaii 'Awa Council.
So not only do I grow 'Awa but I can answer just about any question about kava.
I will be selling Hawaiian 'Awa as well as Fijian, Tongan and kava from Vanuatu. I like my 'Awa strong so I grow only the strongest best 'Awa, I also know the best suppliers in the south pacific so I bring in only the best, you can count on getting fresh and potent 'Awa from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava. I should be starting to sell Kava in 2-4 weeks, maybe a bit longer but not much. Feel free to email me with any questions, aloha.

Chris
www.GourmetHawaiianKava.com

BULABUCK

ROOTLYFE.
:D:D:DWelcome .. Wow iam amazed and will be purchasing from your site as soon as its ready Iam still new to kava about 9 months . Well i have read most of your posts . Iam confused with this boiling technique is this for fresh root only or dried as well . I thought any water over 114 degrees destroys the lactones . Sorry for the misunderstanding if i did this forum is full of lots of uhh lets see science .. So pardon if iam slow :rolleyes: .well anyway can i do this with dry and also if i do purchase fresh frozen from a vendor how do i prepare thank you so much excited to try your amazing kava

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi Bulabuck, the right amount of heat will make the kava stronger the wrong amount of heat will destroy the kavalactones, it takes more heat than boiling water to destroy them, they will start to melt at about 130 degrees and there boiling point is a lot higher than that of water, so there is no chance of destroying them if you boil the kava.
I never boiled the fresh root but I do know some how have and it works just like the powder but you need to use a lot more fresh root to get the same effect as the powder. For example it takes 5 pounds of fresh kava to make 1 pound of dry kava, so if you use 1 cup of dry powder kava for your drink then you would need at least 5 cups to get to the same potency level as the powder. I have directions for fresh, powder and boiling on my website, you can see it here--- www.GourmetHawaiianKava.com
Let me know if you have any questions and I will answer them, aloha.

Chris

bobarctor

Kava Curious
I was so impressed by the instant borogu and hawaiian kava samples - thanks, Chris! - that I decided to make a larger order of papa kea, moi instant etc. Had never had instant before, actually, and was surprised by the practicality of it and still getting something full-bodied. Very nice, and excited to try out these new chemovars!

Status
Not open for further replies.