What's new

Powdered Kava Review Gourmet Kadavu Waka 16 Oz

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Oh boy! I am absolutely BUZZING with this kava right now. This kava starts out very gently, but then increasingly gets stronger and stronger as each shell progresses. I drank (I think) about 7 shells of this and I'm in full on krunked right now. This kava is smooth and gentle, but then just proceeds to get stronger and stronger. I almost feel like there is no limit to how deep this kava can go if one could handle it.

After the first shell, I experience a numbing that starts on the tip of my tongue, but then spreads down my arms and legs and ultimately to my head until my whole body is just vibrating with the numbness. Along with the numbness comes sedation and pain relief. This is NOT a daytime kava. It's definitely makes language navigation and doing anything for that matter a little trickier. It's a heavy one. I also notice some cool auditory effects with this one. It makes sounds seem distorted and further away than they are as if they are being filtered through something.

This kava is very good for pain relief as it is just so numbing. It's also incredibly sedating. This one will give you couch lock for sure. The taste is like a waka, but it has a smooth finish. I've tried it a few times now and I can say that the effects last several hours with some residual afterglow the next day.

This kava is VERY fresh! It comes in a vacuum sealed brick and when you open it, it smells almost sweet grass like with it's freshness. It is a very high quality and clean kava and if you're looking for something for pain or sedation this is an excellent choice!

I would write more praise, but I'm seriously having trouble navigating the language right now. This one takes you to Krunksville in a limousine! Very high class kava! This is a perfect choice for heavy lovers! Bula! :)::shell::

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Ah thanks for doing the legwork! I didn't even think of posting the chemotype. I was just a wee bit krunked when I wrote that review! ;) :p hehehe I didn't realize that it was a blend either! That kind of makes some sense though considering what I experienced on it. It's very unlike any other kavas I've had so far. Surprisingly I woke up at 5am and was feeling fine! I probably could have gotten up at that point, but I didn't want to get up that early so I managed to convince myself to go back to sleep til a little after 8 and I woke up feeling good. I definitely had the afterglow which I always do after a heavy sesh, but it wasn't incapacitating or groggy making in any way. :) It is definitely a heavy hitter though! Wowzers! :D

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
New batch is excellent stuff. Today (unlike yesterday) I've followed the first shells with shells of KF Bati so I can't be perfectly objective; however, I think I can pretty confidently say it is very fresh, heavy, and has a unique 'clean' feeling to it that I don't feel like I get from the other heavy kava I've tried. Love ponygirl's comment that it is "high class stuff," I totally concur. Has a fresh smell, too.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Krunksville in a limousine. .. heh
Yeah. Its weird. Together with the Bati I was actually stumbling a bit last night. Surprised me because I drank a good amount of Kadavu Monday night and no stumbling. I drank Bati heavily for a few weeks earlier this month, no stumbling. Then last night after like 3-4 tbs Kadavu and then 4-5 Bati, I ended up not having very good balance at all. I'll have to scale back. I more and more think that I like kava at lower doses. There is something special about the early effects prior to becoming doped. My goal had been to add Bati's euphoria to Kadavu's lucid heaviness. But I think a lower dose might be in order for that.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
@Kava Time, Will this product be back in stock sooner than it was the last time it ran out? It is excellent kava; I didn't buy enough! Also is the chemotype in the current batch identical to last time? Really, though; great stuff!

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
@Kava Time, Will this product be back in stock sooner than it was the last time it ran out? It is excellent kava; I didn't buy enough! Also is the chemotype in the current batch identical to last time? Really, though; great stuff!
I havent heard back from the farmer for a while now. Had alreadt advised him that we need a very large harvest. Right now we are having major issues getting stock through the port into US because of FDA. Just had a shipment of savusavu refused entry because of something missing in labeling. We didnt have the last batch of kadavu tested because it was jst too little in quantity. I did acetone test inhouse though and it was fine. When we get the next large batch will have that tested and put up the TK COA on our website when its available. For now we are just praying that our restock inventory of savusavu, Taveuni and flavored kavas get through.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I havent heard back from the farmer for a while now. Had alreadt advised him that we need a very large harvest. Right now we are having major issues getting stock through the port into US because of FDA. Just had a shipment of savusavu refused entry because of something missing in labeling. We didnt have the last batch of kadavu tested because it was jst too little in quantity. I did acetone test inhouse though and it was fine. When we get the next large batch will have that tested and put up the TK COA on our website when its available. For now we are just praying that our restock inventory of savusavu, Taveuni and flavored kavas get through.
FWIW, AFAIC, if you drink it and tell me it is fine, I will trust you. That's good enough for me. Well-earned reputation counts a lot, more to me than any tests or COA's, to be honest.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah, I have no doubt about nobility or quality! It just seemed like it might be a little heavier than last time but still clean feeling; so I was just curious if there was any change in chemotype. I'd definitely buy it again without seeing the COA.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Now I'm scared to open my second half-pound! It was out of stock for months last time.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah, I have no doubt about nobility or quality! It just seemed like it might be a little heavier than last time but still clean feeling; so I was just curious if there was any change in chemotype. I'd definitely buy it again without seeing the COA.
Part of the reason I am curious about the chemotype of the (recently) current batch is that I have been wondering of that super clean feeling correlates with a lower proportion of yangonin.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
i'm wishing that I had bought more... Hopefully these FDA problems will end soon
Yeah. I opened it; its already more than half gone. Stuff is awesome. I'm not sure I know anything that really compares to it in giving a really clean, heavy, dreamy feeling and still not having that vanuatu taste that I don't like (even Kava Vinaka's (Fiji) "Waka" had a bit of that taste I don't like and it just doesn't feel nearly as "clean" (whatever that means) to me. Supreme (besides being the epitomy of the taste I don't like) also doesn't give me that clean dreamy feel but has a stimulating undertone to its heaviness.)
Pretty sure, if I can afford it, I'm gonna buy 2 pounds off the bat next time.