What's new

Powdered Kava Review Gourmet Savusavu Waka - 16 Oz

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
The kava is smooth with a decent taste, on the mild side. Reminds me of the Gourmet Kadavu but on the lighter side, slightly more euphoric too. Good day or nighttime kava.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
@KrunkyMonkey I'm sorry that you find it overpriced. Perhaps its because your normal batch of traditional grind is about 6 to 7 tablespoons whereas you only had 4 tablespoons to make the 2 cups? I see that you dont find bkh premium blend overpriced ($58/ lb) and with their review you used 7 tablespoons.
I only purchased half a pound of that kava for the same reason.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I also would rather not discuss another vendor's kava on your sub-forum, apples and oranges...

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Yes the option to buy a half lb can be very appealing, especially if you only use a couple of TBS per dose like me. This kava comes out to about $61 for the pound with shipping included if I understand the shipping options correctly. A half lb of any kava can render around 8-12 sessions for me.

Great review.

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
Thanks for the tip guys. i'll try to roll out 1/2 lb packages in my next shipment and improve on current 1 lb packaging. It seems that the current one is too thick to fit in small usps boxes so the medium ones need to be used for shipping. Unnecessary costs to bear