What's new

Kava Culture Government of Vanuatu donated $250K to Aussie Rural Fire Service

Crunked

Proselytizer
How embarrassing that the Aust gov't wastes $43m keeping the Christmas Island detention centre open as a political stunt when that money would make a world of difference to the ni-Van hospital system. I don't think I will ever forget a visit to the Tanna hospital. That such a poor country donates relatively so much to a country as rich as Australia is beyond generous.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
How embarrassing that the Aust gov't wastes $43m keeping the Christmas Island detention centre open as a political stunt when that money would make a world of difference to the ni-Van hospital system. I don't think I will ever forget a visit to the Tanna hospital. That such a poor country donates relatively so much to a country as rich as Australia is beyond generous.
Agreed. Yet, I’ve heard some Aussies say things like “why are they even donating? The money they gave is tiny compared to the foreign aid we send them every year.”

The point is, Vanuatu is willing to help even if they’re not wealthy. The amount donated was non-trivial for Vanuatu and it shows just how much they care about their neighbours.