What's new

Growing kava

AndrewG

Kava Curious
Aloha everyone,

Anyone grow kava? I have tried spaghnum moss, perlite-vermiculite mix, and had sprouting with a humidity dome. One mistake I think I made I brang them out right away which caused them to rot quickly. I will harden off next time. Although I think there is more moisture here in general. Is the 'awa development council guide the best for how to grow?

Thoughts: try just perlite, start with misters on a timer, under shade cloth then once sprouted move to drip irrigation. They'll be in pots for now. How often would you water them? Also I think beause of moisture an organic fungicide is needed, I was using sulfer but maybe not the best.

Mahalo,

Drew

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Aloha everyone,

Anyone grow kava? I have tried spaghnum moss, perlite-vermiculite mix, and had sprouting with a humidity dome. One mistake I think I made I brang them out right away which caused them to rot quickly. I will harden off next time. Although I think there is more moisture here in general. Is the 'awa development council guide the best for how to grow?

Thoughts: try just perlite, start with misters on a timer, under shade cloth then once sprouted move to drip irrigation. They'll be in pots for now. How often would you water them? Also I think beause of moisture an organic fungicide is needed, I was using sulfer but maybe not the best.

Mahalo,

Drew
If it has anything to do with growing kava, always tag @Alia , or @Kalm with Kava.