What's new

Guess who's trying to sell to Kava Bars?

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Is there any scientific basis for the concept of "adaptogen?" It sounds like anti-scientific holistic hooey to me. The concept of "gets in there and does the right thing" just doesn't fly for me.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Rediculas....
Im totaly cool with herbs, I love the fact that we can sometimes "safely" rely on plants/herbs...some are as safe as kava....most are not,
Once you start mixing them up like that, you ruin it all...
Salvia is one of them. Its fairly safe and effects pass quickly..but its not safe in regards to the effects on the mind...I remember doing test on salvia before it was ever for sale online or in headshops...before anyone knew what it was...Iv taken it 200+ times and none of them were fun! I do think however, everything has its place..salvia "in the right hands" could be used for spirtual/meditation or a tool to open the mind...
In the wrong hands iv seen kids fall out windows, crash cars...fall and hurt themselves ect...or hurt others,
I feel all of these herbs were put here for us. For different reasons....but when not respected, and abused, its a guess what will happen...

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Kids take salvia in cars.while others drive...and a few have tried driving but didnt get far...
As for me...I was kinda a guinne pig while taking salvia...a few of my trip reports made it into a salvia magazie, although I never paid the $10 an issue to get it lt...oh and salvia isnt fun... the reason I kept doing it was because I was looking for somthing in it and for sure didnt find it...lol

Poivrier

methystified
Salvia is another plant that delivered some Darwin awards in the "don't listen to traditional users" category; like kava. Mazatec people chew the leaves they don't smoke it. Pacific people use the roots, not the aerial parts...
I love ethnobotany !

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Those things sound disgusting!
Kava taste can be bad enough but those things sound just downright vile. :yuck:

August West

Kava Enthusiast
These folks are the reason that certain herbs become illegal and inaccessible. I can't stand when plants are advertised as legal highs. K***** leaf, when used with the caution one would use with other certain prescribed medications, is very effective and therapeutic. K***** when used regularly as a recreational substance is not a wise decision at all, if you want my opinion. But I think that decision should be up to me, not the law.

There's a headshop by my house that had a wall full of elixers and pills that had so many drug/supplement violations, it made my blood boil. Any vendor that sleazily markets ANY herb and threatens its legality, is scum to me.