What's new

Powdered Kava Review Hanakapi Ai - Medium Grind

Lamakan

Kava Enthusiast
For GHK I have tried nene, mahakea, moi micros, chocolate bars, PAPA KeA and finally this hanakapi ai. This is my first try with ghks medium grind and I am loving it. The clean taste, potency and availability of chris' products are unparalleled and unrivaled to this day. He is a pioneer in the field of kava and I'm not sure I would love kava as much as I do if it was not for his supreme products. Micros were splendid, and I was bummed when I couldn't get this in micronized, but I might actually stick with medium grind for a bit. Didn't think it could get better but........
Onto effects, I am full of peace and love. Memories of the snarky remarks that my bitch of a boss made earlier make me think she has a lot of stress in her life. She projects her stuff onto everyone. She needs kava. This comes to me as an epiphany. Ha! I am desperate to share some of my grog so I go upstairs to my fathers apartment and find his willing girlfriend so we take a few. I have been drinking kava for over a year but this is my first time ever giving it to a first timer. Exciting. This strain is certainly on par with papa kea potency. I feel happy, relaxed and looking forward to collapsing onto mybed after backbreaking labor 6 days this week. On day 7 I will rest, and drink more kava.

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
Nice review @Lamakan! I am increasingly tempted to try this cultivar. My only hesitation is that I don't like being too sedated. Would you say the Hanakapi'ai made you dizzy or sleepy at all, or were you able to retain your faculties until you went to bed? From your ratings it looks like it has pretty equal effects across the board...

Lamakan

Kava Enthusiast
Just don't go overboard friend. I hardly ever find myself too sedated or dizzy from true Hawaiian kava but it certainly is possible. Do not hesitate! Grab it while u can. I hope to grab another pound myself.

Lamakan

Kava Enthusiast
Ps thank u for the compliment. It is on the stronger side. Perhaps try at night before trying day if that is your thing...... I can't really justify taking kava before work, though I wish it was possible some days. I haven't exactly tried it, but can't imagine my body being up for the challenge on 8 plus hour days.

Lamakan

Kava Enthusiast
Ok last one.....I forgot to mention in my review that the 2 cups to 6 tbsp usually last me 2 separate drinking sessions, 2 days . I don't drink it al in one sitting. Then I might be a little dizzy......:)

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
Ok last one.....I forgot to mention in my review that the 2 cups to 6 tbsp usually last me 2 separate drinking sessions, 2 days . I don't drink it al in one sitting. Then I might be a little dizzy......:)
Ah that makes sense, thanks for the reply. :) I'm looking forward to trying this...

D

Deleted User01

I'm doing some Hanakapi Ai now and watching the golf tournament. I'm don't really feel sedated because I set aside Sunday afternoons to try to relax and take it easy. So I feel very relaxed.