What's new

Micronized Kava Review Hanakapi Ai

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
I'm becoming more aware of the chemotypes of kavas and using that to determine which kind to go for in certain situations. Being a Friday night and staying in but having visitors I went to try a sample of the Hanakapi Ai Micronized Chris so kindly tucked away in my envelope full of GHK kava (ordered the Promo pack and Papa Ele Ele Miconized also). This chemotype is 423651 - I first felt the nice head effects but being also a sedating type the head effects were rounded by the sedation. I.E. this is a very comfortable kava. Sometimes I may feel a little edgy with high Kavain kavas (but I still prefer this type) usually I can just let go of any edgy feelings since the other effects work so well but with this kava there was no edge to it. Nice and warm feeling in the head and body. For 2 tbsp worth this effect lasted a good while. This warm aura, so to speak, is something I really enjoy from these Hawaiian kavas.

I will say I had a migraine coming on before I started drinking this kava but went for the kava anyway. I did notice that for a little while the headache wasn't so bad but eventually did call it a night. I also felt a little nauseous, which I may get with more sedating kavas, but headaches can do that to me also. Slept well though and woke up the next day feeling pretty good, no lingering headache.

I'm an instant convert for the Micronized grind. It's as easy as dump it in, stir it up, drink it down. I've also strained it and that makes a nice, smooth drink. I end up using less powder per session but really haven't done the math on it yet.

Very nice, relaxing kava and you'll sleep well after this one :sleep: Can't go wrong with GHK (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted User01

Good review Tidyminion but I'm still waiting your review on "Micronized Kava Syrup". If you know what I mean ....:whistle:

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Good review Tidyminion but I'm still waiting your review on "Micronized Kava Syrup". If you know what I mean ....:whistle:
Yehhh I just keep attacking the Micronized with a "drink it now" approach. I better do that soon before I drink myself out of all of it. I actually have good motivation now to make a potent, potable AND portable drink and soon! 2 tickets to see Soundgarden/Nine Inch Nails in early August :sneaky: \m/

D

Deleted User01

Tidyminion, where I was a young man I would sneak a Flask of Scotch into the football Stadium (go Longhorns). Then I would order a glass of ice water with lots of ice. Hint, hint, hint ...:whistle:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Tidyminion, where I was a young man I would sneak a Flask of Scotch into the football Stadium (go Longhorns). Then I would order a glass of ice water with lots of ice. Hint, hint, hint ...:whistle:
Mine was a full water bottle of Smirnoff Vodka. Proprietary trade secret on how to replace the water with the vodka without busting the seal on the cap. :)

D

Deleted User01

Man, you should put that in the college handbook and make them pay you royalties.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Tidyminion, where I was a young man I would sneak a Flash of Scotch into to the football Stadium (go Longhorns). Then I would order a glass of ice water with lots of ice. Hint, hint,
hint ...:whistle:
Hmmm :cautious: I do have a flask. Even though it's perfectly legal, it might be difficult to explain a small amount of nondescript, funky smelling brown powder to the gate security so discretion is key... Nice tip Java (y)

Mine was a full water bottle of Smirnoff Vodka. Proprietary trade secret on how to replace the water with the vodka without busting the seal on the cap. :)
Yeh you could've made a killing selling "water" bottles from your trunk. Although someone might wonder why one bottle of sealed water is muddy brown :confused: Maybe I'll say it's the next health craze, Raw Water, it's like that because of the vitamins :pompus: " OK...MOVE ALONG, HIPPY"