What's new

Powdered Kava Review Hanakapi Ai

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
This is very nice kava. The grind is pretty fine and light coloured. I can tell a Tongan from a Vanuatu kava but still working out where Hawaiians fit in. I blended up 6 tbsps. with 4 cups liquid, a mixture of milk and water, and drank 4 x 8oz approx. shells over about 3 or so hours. First off, the flavour is pretty mild, similar to the few other Hawaiian kavas I have tried. This is different in that you can tell it is potent as it is going down. It hasn't got an overpowering flavour but you can definitely taste the strength of it. Numbing is pretty strong and lasts quite a while. The best way to describe the rest of the effects are if you imagine the numbing effect you get in your mouth and throat after drinking a strong shell of kava and then imagine that throughout your whole body! There are kavas I prefer for body effects but this one is good and strong and you can feel it well in your whole body. Your mind is left in a peaceful and relaxed state while your body is busy buzzing away to itself slowly. I'm feeling quite a bit of sedation and I'm guessing I'll probably sleep well. Overall a very relaxing and peaceful kava that I will be looking forward to trying again.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
A review I can relate too. Nice one! I have been doing that Kava on the weekends and it is very heavy and numbing and definitely not a daytime kava. Be careful getting into a car with this one ....
I would never drive on this one! Saying that I wouldn't drive on most, m'oi or pouni ono maybe.

I enjoy this kava as well. A weekend kava for me. Very relaxing and it makes my body feel better when in pain or sore.
I think this is possibly the first kava I would describe as truly "medicinal" in that respect rather than just recreational. Nene is pretty good for most things too, I've used it to ease stomach aches and headaches.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
How would you say it compares to the boroguru? I only ask because I can drink that stuff whenever by the loads and still function fine, trying to find something that tests that functionality.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I havent kept up with batches much but the batch from two years ago was so much different for me. It was like a supercharged buzzy feeling that gave me energy and heaviness. I bought another bag of it about a year ago that i still have and its just heavy and not much else. Thats not a bad thing but its not what i had expected. The batch that i still have is also less brown than the first and its main characteristic is that it seems to send my mind into slow mo. Its a really cool feeling if i dont drink too much and get nausea

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
How would you say it compares to the boroguru? I only ask because I can drink that stuff whenever by the loads and still function fine, trying to find something that tests that functionality.
I haven't opened the Boroguru yet but from what I can tell it's a borogu which I have plenty of experience with. These kavas tend to be more balanced leaning towards heavy than full on heavy but I do get a good sleep after a night on borogu(ru). I also find most borogus to be pretty euphoric at first before fading to sedation. The Hanakapi Ai is a different ball game, played by different teams with different bats on a different planet. You can still function on it but it's a lot, lot stronger.

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
This was my first experience with GHK and I concur with everyone else, its fantastic! Was also my first experience with a truly "heavy" kava. I also found it one of the most mild and smooth tasting kavas I've tried to date. Will definitely be ordering this one again as this is a kava that I'm always going to want to have on hand.

Shipping was super fast as well......the thought of that little pouch jetting its way across the Pacific ocean to me up in Maine in like three days blew my mind!