What's new

Micronized Kava Review Hanakapi'ai

NZdude

Kava Curious
A few mins after the first 4 tea spoons, I went into the room and stood over the heater (its winter in NZ), and the beginning of the kava feelings and the warmth of the heater gave me a gentle blissful feeling, fter standing there for a while, i realised I was zoning out and could have stood there for ages. I decided to watch a comedy. As I was getting it ready I felt very creative, i wanted to play the guitar, but 2 strings were broken, so it would have been pointless. I even felt like drawing, and I never draw. The effects were now gental but effective, and I would have been happy to just have these at this point. I felt smiley, and I have never got any of these feelings from kava before. Moi almost made me smiley. I watched the 40 min comedy and enjoyed it, and felt very calm, peaceful and content.

I was now REALLY hungry after the usual kava fast, so i went to the kitchen and made another 4 tea spoon drink, and put together some food quickly. I went back to the other room, and downed the kava. I dont know if the other drink was still at its peak, but as soon as I downed this second drink the effects came on much much stronger. Very quickly my vision was slightly blurred, ringing in ears, and felt very happy. I began eating and watching another 40 min comedy, when i got the urge to listen to music. I started searching, when my wife cam home. She showed me here nails she just had done with a friend, but the combination of low light and blurry eyes, i couldn't see at all. I knew she wouldn't want to listen to music, so we watched the comedy after a little chat.

After the tv, i browsed the internet for a while, and the "second stage" kicked in. This was the heavy sedation, where i dont want to do anything but feel the kava. So i sat there for a while in bliss, and then i got the urge to lay down. I lay there in kava land for half an hour or so until i got up and got ready for bed.

I didnt sleep very well, but that was probably because 2 people in my family have severe coughs, and they were up all night, coughing, getting water etc.

Any how i loved this kava, and i think it would be great in smaller doses as well, like only 2 tea spoons. I nearly ordered the Mahakea, but decided on this one, and i am glad I ordered a pound of this now - it's my new favourite

:):)

Last edited:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Welcome to Kavalalaland, all are welcome. ;) Sounds like a perfect 'full blown' kava experience to me, outside of being awakened by people hacking. Time for some ear plugs. :headphones:
Have you seen What We Do in the Shadows yet ? I hope that movie makes it's way over here soon.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
Hey @HeadHodge, I've got an idea about the review numbers...lemme know what you think.
I notice that a #1 corresponds with 'No Comment'. Perhaps there should be an 'X - No Comment', if the person really means they aren't commenting on it. Maybe because they don't feel qualified to do so.
Then, if the person is actually trying to say that it's extremely small or weak, the #1 can say 'Negligible'...or something like that.

Last edited:

NZdude

Kava Curious
Welcome to Kavalalaland, all are welcome. ;) Sounds like a perfect 'full blown' kava experience to me, outside of being awakened by people hacking. Time for some ear plugs. :headphones:
Have you seen What We Do in the Shadows yet ? I hope that movie makes it's way over here soon.
Thanks, it's a friendly neighbourhood :D I havn't watched 'What We Do in the Shadows' yet, but it looks good. The comedy I was watching was Fresh Meat, which you will probably know if you're from the uk.

NZdude

Kava Curious
Hey @HeadHodge, I've got an idea about the review numbers...lemme know what you think.
I notice that a #1 corresponds with 'No Comment'. Perhaps there should be an 'X - No Comment', if the person really means they aren't commenting on it. Maybe because they don't feel qualified to do so.
Then, if the person is actually trying to say that it's extremely small or weak, the #1 can say 'Negligible'...or something like that.
Thats a very good idea. I chose 1 for Muscular Effects as i had no pains or aches, so it was hard to tell.

D

Deleted User01

Hanakpaki'Ai is my current daytime favorite. I still go to my "Nene" for a nitecap to make sure I sleep. I wouldn't be able to sleep with coughers either. You worry about them and then you pray you don't get it. Put a humidifier in their rooms.

NZdude

Kava Curious
Hanakpaki'Ai is my current daytime favorite. I still go to my "Nene" for a nitecap to make sure I sleep. I wouldn't be able to sleep with coughers either. You worry about them and then you pray you don't get it. Put a humidifier in their rooms.
Glad you like it also. I am only an evening / night kava drinker myself. Thanks for the tip on the humidifier, but where I live in North NZ is very humid, its 70 - 80% humidity indoors most of this time of year, lots of people, including me, runs dehumidifiers!

D

Deleted User01

That's what I like about this Multi-national forum, you learn something new everyday. Thanks for the input.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Sounds fine to me. Anything that improves the quality of the review is good for me. Right now next to each effect category it says (ex: "Mental (1-5)") How would you state the 1-5 part? Or would it be better to remove the 1-5 all together?

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hey @shakas, do a pretend review and look at the "Anesthetic" rating and let me know if that's what you're looking for. If it is, I'll change the rest of them too.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
yup, exactly like that is how i was picturing. it clarifies the reviews that way...having the "1" next to 'no comment' ...made it look like you were giving it a low rating. but feel free to get some input from others, to see if they like it.

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
Hey NZDude, A big welcome from Nova Scotia, Canada. Both Hanakpaki'Ai and Mahakea are excellent choices. Mahakea is definitely one of my top three. Don't be afraid to enjoy any of the daytime varieties in the evening/night unIess you're a problem sleeper. I can sleep quite softly, drifting away with the kava buzz ringing in my ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NZdude

Kava Curious
Hey NZDude, A big welcome from Nova Scotia, Canada. Both Hanakpaki'Ai and Mahakea are excellent choices. Mahakea is definitely one of my top three. Don't be afraid to enjoy any of the daytime varieties in the evening/night unIess you're a problem sleeper. I can sleep quite softly, drifting away with the kava buzz ringing in my ears.
Thanks KavaLot. I love the Hanakapi Ai. I think I will order some Mahakea next time, it's always fun trying new ones and seeing which ones I enjoy :woot:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
yup, exactly like that is how i was picturing. it clarifies the reviews that way...having the "1" next to 'no comment' ...made it look like you were giving it a low rating. but feel free to get some input from others, to see if they like it.
@shakas, finished changing all choice fields for the review form. Thanks for the suggestion. If anyone else out there has any ideas to improve the quality of our product review form, please don't be shy.