What's new

Happy St Paddy's

Travis

Kava Enthusiast
Had a little Guinness earlier. Reminds me of how good kava tastes in comparison. I'll be celebrating later with some loa Waka

Last edited:

Travis

Kava Enthusiast
Whaaaaaa?
I'm confused. Are you saying kava tastes better than Guinness draught?
Absolutely. I prefer the taste of kava over most alcoholic drinks. Let's face it, no one would be drinking if there was no alcohol in it. Then again no one would be drinking kava if there were no kavalactones either.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
PapaKea is indeed a grand and fun kava! As is a good meed or ail(if you like those things)
I hope everyones is having a fun and festive day (or plans to!)

Kavajack

Kava Design Connoisseur
Absolutely. I prefer the taste of kava over most alcoholic drinks. Let's face it, no one would be drinking if there was no alcohol in it. Then again no one would be drinking kava if there were no kavalactones either.
Has one tried Irish Whiskey? - If not, prepare to take back everything you have just said ;)

[Also, I like you're username @Kava_Joe - great minds and all that ;) ]

Last edited:

Jerome

Kava Lover
Hahaha. I love the creamy taste of Guinness... But yes, you're probably largely right about the fact that alcohol has a lot to do with my preference. Just like coffee and a good Nicaraguan cigar...

But kava has always, and will always taste like straight up shit to me! Twenty years of drinking it hasn't changed that one bit.

Kris954

Kava Curious
I actually like the taste of booze. I'd drink a lot less of it if it weren't for the taste.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
Guiness? Meh. Russian imperial stout is much better IMHO. Guiness is kinda bland to me. Love the head though.

Irish whiskey? Meh. Scotch is better IMHO, much smoother. Except for the freaky and bearded Islay stuff. Yikes.

My last name IRL is about as Irish as they come, but I have 0% Irish blood (name change a couple generations
back). I guess that maybe explains it!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Back on my drinking days, my favorite brew was a 1/2 & 1/2 of Murphy's Irish Stout and Sapporo..

Jerome

Kava Lover
Guiness? Meh. Russian imperial stout is much better IMHO. Guiness is kinda bland to me. Love the head though.

Irish whiskey? Meh. Scotch is better IMHO, much smoother. Except for the freaky and bearded Islay stuff. Yikes.

My last name IRL is about as Irish as they come, but I have 0% Irish blood (name change a couple generations
back). I guess that maybe explains it!
I too am a fan of the head, but I thought we were talking about booze here. Geez Victory, keep it PG for god sake.