What's new

He kanaka ka mea inu 'awa...

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hay Deleted User, when I saw the title I thought to myself, who is that speaking Hawaiian. I thought maybe we could converse.
At the Hawaiian immersion school where I tought about 'Awa we only spoke Hawaiian, this was the best way for the students to learn, they were immersed into the Hawaiian culture, language and all.
But that saying you posted in Hawaiian is very true and so is this one--Maika'i Ka Hana O ka 'Awa (I grow the best 'Awa) (y)
Aloha nui loa.

Chris

D

Deleted User01

Another thing I read goes something like this, "A Man who comes home from nakamal only has love in his eyes and is peaceful. A man who drinks alcohol is looking for a fight." One thing they were insinuating is that there is less domestic violence when a man comes home from a Nakamal as opposed to a Bar.

D

Deleted User01

A man is a man if he acts like a man and if he has a third leg with which he can stand.
A man is a man if he gets kicked with sand and instead of fighting, offers his hand.
A man is a man when he quits trying to prove he's a man, and instead helps others whenever he can.
A man is a man who defends his motherland, and puts his life and limb at risk in a foreign land.
A man is a man when he confronts his demons and apologizes to all,
then cures himself by sipping his Grog.

Last edited by a moderator: