What's new

Head and body rush plus a bit of double vision?

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Just wondering how common this. Got some Nabawan, 3 shells pretty strong started with a kind head and body rush with a desire to lay down. And Wiggle my toes and stretch my legs. But also a new to me double vision thing: Is that common? I gather it'll wear off.

Any advice for avoiding it in the future? it's not super concerning, but still.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
It's just a side effect of a strong mix and can happen with any potent kava - it usually clears after 30 minutes or so. If you like strong kava, it's sometimes hard to avoid as you never know when it's going to happen until it's too late.
Just shut one eye till normal vision is resumed and then have another shell

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Double vision will happen if you go hard. Drink water, DON'T eat food, and wait for it to pass. Eating food seems to kick it into high gear.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Double vision will happen if you go hard. Drink water, DON'T eat food, and wait for it to pass. Eating food seems to kick it into high gear.
I managed to do that accidentally. Was up this morning had what I thought was a ok amount, proceeded to feel like trash then pretty good, then double vision then totally nocked out. I think that whole time I just had cold watter. I wonder if some part of that was also the 90F heat

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I managed to do that accidentally. Was up this morning had what I thought was a ok amount, proceeded to feel like trash then pretty good, then double vision then totally nocked out. I think that whole time I just had cold watter. I wonder if some part of that was also the 90F heat
Man, its 54 degrees here! I'm doped on kava and sitting outside with a coat and stocking cap on, but still battling the first mosquitose of the year. Everything is a magnificent green now though; if only it were light out so I could see it. I like plants.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Man, its 54 degrees here! I'm doped on kava and sitting outside with a coat and stocking cap on, but still battling the first mosquitose of the year. Everything is a magnificent green now though; if only it were light out so I could see it. I like plants.
Mmmm yeah now I'm feeling a ton better-- I am pretty curius what I did wrong...lol mostly so I can avoid doing that again

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Mmmm yeah now I'm feeling a ton better-- I am pretty curius what I did wrong...lol mostly so I can avoid doing that again
I used to have that problem with micro. Usually it was just a matter of drinking my kava too fast. Try making sure you have 20 minutes before each of those 3 shell and have a snack or meal some time prior to starting to drink the kava. Its funny I am getting double-vision right now from a heavy kava (Kadavu from Kava Time); but I previously thought I primarily got that from heady kavas that I drank too fast. In any case, I would still recommed trying slowing down.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I used to have that problem with micro. Usually it was just a matter of drinking my kava too fast. Try making sure you have 20 minutes before each of those 3 shell and have a snack or meal some time prior to starting to drink the kava. Its funny I am getting double-vision right now from a heavy kava (Kadavu from Kava Time); but I previously thought I primarily got that from heady kavas that I drank too fast. In any case, I would still recommed trying slowing down.
Thanks again guys.

I think it was a first, and preferably only! time where what ever I did including Kava was...not a good idea. Slowing down and probably having smaller shells just a good idea anyway.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Just wondering how common this. Got some Nabawan, 3 shells pretty strong started with a kind head and body rush with a desire to lay down. And Wiggle my toes and stretch my legs. But also a new to me double vision thing: Is that common? I gather it'll wear off.

What you got there, son, is a mild overdose.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
What you got there, son, is a mild overdose.
Mmm wondered about that. This batch of Nabwan I don't think is my thing as well. I might be looking for a simple day to day casual mellow thing to go with the heat and nice summer feel. Forunatly it ended well enought saturday after basically sleeping it off, and possible that I just needed a bunch of rest anyway. I don't want to push my luck though. Maybie Ono(cactus kava) or Mahakea and Papa Kea. For now I'm fine just enjoying Poni Ono in moderation.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
The double vision just means that you 1) purchased a potent product, 2) drank more than you intended to, 3) may not have had strong kava in the past and had a new experience that was not intended. Any high quality/strong kava will lead to some kind of krunken state when a certain amount is drank, whether you call that too much is very subjective. It's not good if you have things that need to be done but for some people (myself included), it is a very desirable state for end of the day relaxation. We've had a very severe drought of strong kava for a couple of years now but it looks like a couple of vendors, BKH included, are sourcing some higher quality root.

So, the best way to avoid that state is to drink kava with less strength -- most Tongans and weaker Fijians, only drink at the end of the day as a relaxant so you can enjoy the krunk, keep the dose low and wait for the effects of the first dose to clear before re dosing. You'll probably want to avoid the good stuff from Vanuatu since those are the real krunkers.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Not surprisingly, I concur with SelfBiasResistor and Nabanga. It just sounds like you got a properly potent batch of Vanuatu kava, that is worthy of praise. You may have had one shell too much or one shell too fast, but that can be easily adjusted. That fact that it was even capable of producing these effects is a sign of its worthiness as a Vanuatu kava on the market.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
The only thing wrong with nambawan is nothing. Gotta watch how you prep it and drink it, tho, that root is wicked strong. Good at 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 TBS servings but you gotta be careful, work. Up to things. Then blissjoy.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
This nambawan post, along with the possible 245xxx chemotype MeloMelo from BKH has inspired to make a purchase of both. ::KavaChug::::vflag::

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast

I had my first visuals and major auditory distortions on kava when I did 2 large servings of Moi with 1 of Borogu. It feels like you are in space jelly or something. Never had anything like that before so it's probably what happens when you just make a very strong heady kava drink because on the opposite end I don't get that. I'll get an intense buzzing feeling and an alcohol like sedation with no visuals or very noticeable auditory effects.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I had my first visuals and major auditory distortions on kava when I did 2 large servings of Moi with 1 of Borogu. It feels like you are in space jelly or something. Never had anything like that before so it's probably what happens when you just make a very strong heady kava drink because on the opposite end I don't get that. I'll get an intense buzzing feeling and an alcohol like sedation with no visuals or very noticeable auditory effects.
That's a pretty accurate discription! I also got extremly gassy, and queezy