What's new

Hello and Happy New Year!

cerulean

Hi! I'm new to the Kava Forums but had started my Kava journey about two years ago. My interest started out small but has exponentially increased over time and it's starting displace my whiskey habit which is a good thing.

When i get home about every other day i'll do a couple (or more) shells of kava and watch some mst3k in the background for the giggles and play some video games or even dive back into work. My current gig is app development/admin for a popular IT service management app. Kava allows me to filter out the noise and concentrate on 1 or 2 things at a time and actually finish many of the things i start. It's very easy for me to get distracted and I'm the only admin for this thing at my company so i get interrupted alot which is frustrating.

I probably have a mild attention deficit disorder now that i think on it as well. I recently got a couple of extracts from PK and am enjoying a small portion of that at work in the afternoon.

The bad thing is I've no one to share kava with at the moment (except you guys!) It doesn't seem to be a NY thing. My sister enjoys it but is currently nursing my baby nephew so it will be a while for her to get back into it and my other half is just not interested. I live in the Long Island, NY area. Maybe there's a kava bar around here but bars aren't really my thing.
Well that's all for now.. I am usually a lurker, but the regulars here seem very cool and of course the Kava drinking adds a +5 temporary buff to my Charisma. ::chugger::

This is a great site! Happy New Year and I wish all good things for everyone!
cerulean

R

Rookietwoshoes

'Tis a fine forum with many helpful, friendly members . Welcome aboard, Cerulean . Now you no longer have to drink alone . ::shell:: Bula!

blindy107

Kava Lover
Maybe we should start a skype nakamal....

Welcome @cerulean ! Glad to have ya! I also enjoy some rooted video games...and even work for that matter. I think if I lived in New York the only company I would need for my kava would be a few lbs of pastrami.

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the Forum @cerulean. Your story sounds very similar to mine in every way, including your job description. Grab a shell, relax, and stick around.

cerulean

Hello KavaForum-ites. The weekend is upon us!

@Rookietwoshoes Currently i'm being melted by PK Vanuatu Blend No. 7. First time trying this one and I'm having some interesting feels just 10 minutes in. I've actually only had PK stuff these last two years mainly because I felt if I liked someone's product I'd stick with it and PK always had some very high recommendations. I've only had 1 blah batch and I understand now that the ISA blend may not have been for me. But you win some and you loose some which is part of the Kava journey. Now I'm wanting to branch out and it seems like there's many fine shops to go to lately which is nice. PK will probably always get my money on the extracts as I love them for work. I've enjoyed their Fiji Blend in the past and it was my staple.

I just got through a 1/2 lb bag of the Boroguru blend from them. That one i almost want to say that might be close to a Micro blend. After the 2nd wash i usually had almost nothing left in my strainer. It seems like a well rounded blend but I had mixed reactions to it depending on the day I had. That was all well and good. I enjoyed it very much all the same.

I read through many reviews here. I'm very picky and I settled on GHK Mahakea Micro. I think i should get it Monday and I'm excited to try it. I also picked up a Micro sample pack from there.

@Deleted User01 I am so glad Kava exists, much better than storing a flask at your desk and always wanting to strangle someone coming over to ask you a question when they can see I'm obviously busy with something!

@blindy107 i'm not a big social media fan but a kavaforum skype party sounds like a great idea! It would be great if we had one while someone was at a real nakamal!

For video games I play Everquest 2 which is a very underrated MMORPG that's been around for 11 years. The game doesn't have the playerbase to support that kind of raiding I used to be into but its got something that keeps me floating around still. I also play ARPGs like Diablo and Torchlight and games like Baulder's Gate. I'm not a big console gamer at all. Mostly PC games.

Anyway time to enjoy some more Kava.. peace out!