What's new

Help me identify this Kava!!!

kl.radiantmaniac

Kava Curious
Previously I've just taken capsules.  This week I obtained a small bag of a Kava that is described as a "Tudei and Fiji Waka" combo.

I tried it for the first time on Friday and had so-so results.  I decided to give it another go today and ...........DAMN!!!!!!  It was sensational.

I felt blissfully happy, chilled out, dreamy, somewhat sociable.

I would like to buy more Kava like this but the vendor I got it from is very expensive, so I'd prefer to buy a similar Kava from a different vendor.  Which of these strains would have given me the blissfully happy feeling, the "Tudei" or the Fiji Waka?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
The Fiji waka probably gave you the dreamy uplifting feeling whereas the tudei gave you the overall body relaxation. Sounds like an excellent combo actually. Kava by Rex has Fiji waka that is quite excellent.

kl.radiantmaniac

Kava Curious
Thanks for your reply KapmCrunk.

It is this stuff here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CERTIFIED-ORGANIC-WAKA-TUDEI-KAVA-KAVA-ROOT-POWDER-50g-EXTREME-COMBO-/121091612828?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item1c319f609c

Somebody else on this forum said that this is way, way too expensive.  However, they ship within England for a very low price and the stuff arrives the next day.  My dilemma is that I live in the UK and international shipping by a reliable trackable method seems very expensive.  Paradise Kava gave me a quote of $95 for Fedex shipping.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
What was the quantity of kava on that $95 shipping cost? Even still you may save a boatload of money. That cost on the eBay link in US dollars is $300 per kilogram. My kava better be laced with gold flakes for that.

You could use a service like shipito? It's a mail forwarding service. You get your kava sent to them (in the US), and they'll forward it to you using whatever service you prefer (post or courier). I don't know how much they'd charge to send you your kava by DHL or Fedex, but I'd imagine it would be cheaper than $95! Thing is though, if you are using FedEX/DHL etc to deliver to Europe, you're pretty much guaranteed to get caught for import tax. You have a good chance of avoiding import tax via regular post.

http://www.shipito.com/

kl.alkava

I've used shipito in the past to have packages sent to me in the UK, great service, the price obviously depends on weight, i recently had a package sent to me that weighed 0.34kg the price was $24.26 via USPS First Class International.

I ordered some instant kava from bula kava house today and the shipping was reasonable $24 for USPS Priority International.

radiantmaniac i sent you a private message did you get it ok?

kl.radiantmaniac

Kava Curious
kavachameleon said:
You could use a service like shipito? It's a mail forwarding service. You get your kava sent to them (in the US), and they'll forward it to you using whatever service you prefer (post or courier). I don't know how much they'd charge to send you your kava by DHL or Fedex, but I'd imagine it would be cheaper than $95! Thing is though, if you are using FedEX/DHL etc to deliver to Europe, you're pretty much guaranteed to get caught for import tax. You have a good chance of avoiding import tax via regular post.

http://www.shipito.com/
That is so useful.  Thank you :)

kl.radiantmaniac

Kava Curious
alkava said:
I've used shipito in the past to have packages sent to me in the UK, great service, the price obviously depends on weight, i recently had a package sent to me that weighed 0.34kg the price was $24.26 via USPS First Class International.

I ordered some instant kava from bula kava house today and the shipping was reasonable $24 for USPS Priority International.

radiantmaniac i sent you a private message did you get it ok?
I didn't receive your private message!

Were you impressed with the Bula Kava House product?  With USPS Priority International is it a signed-for delivery?

kl.alkava

Damn i wanted to ask you about something you mentioned in a post on here would it be possible to contact you via e-mail? My e-mail address is [email protected] if you don't mind sending me an e-mail then i can reply to you. I did send you a message however i noticed that the message did not appear in sent messages i guess there must be a problem with it.

I have just discovered kava so i haven't tried it yet, i had a look and it looks like USPS Priority International doesn't require a signature, i have had many packages sent via USPS First Class International and every one has arrived although not sure if there will be a problem with kava at customs i hope not.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Have you tried our Fijian Kava? it's up to 20% off right now and our shipping is under $15 for less than 2 pounds or nominally more for 2+ lbs.